We have stayed at this hotel frequently as it is near family. This time was a disaster. The hotel was in great need of renovations. But having guests in rooms DURING renovations is a bad idea. We were given a room on the third floor that smelled from the cheapest paint I have ever smelled. Days later, we are still coughing from the fumes. If that wasn't bad enough, the next morning we were awakened by construction noise - the carpeting was being torn out of the hall. The floor was down to concrete. Nails and ripped up carpet and carpet tack strips were everywhere, and the air was thick with filth, dust and carpet fiber. The renovation supervisor said he told the hotel manager to close off the floors to rip up the carpets, but management refused. Holiday inn guest relations was appalled and embarrassed...the hotel manager was unfazed.