“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Dickson
Westerville, Ohio
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western in Dickson, TN on July 5, 2012. We were trying to decide whether to make it through Nashville before stopping for the night, but I found this hotel about 1/2 hour west of Nashville and I'm glad we did. I had seen a coupon in one of those coupon books at the rest areas for this hotel that was a very good rate ($49.99 + $5 for the third person with us). The breakfast was not billed as a full, hot breakfast in the ad, but when I called and found out the menu, it was fairly extensive: eggs, sausage patties, sausage gravy/biscuit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, apples, oranges, and waffles in addition to the usual bagels, pastries, juice, coffee, & cereal. The description of the breakfast, the price, and the nice-sounding lady on the phone are why we chose to stay there. When we checked in, our room had not been pre-cooled and it was very hot outside, so after a couple hours of it not cooling fast enough (while we were at the pool) for me, they gladly switched us. The owner, PJ, apologized that she had got busy and forgot to turn on the A/C in the afternoon. He was also there in the morning helping with breakfast and taking people's waffles to them when they were ready so they didn't have to wait by the waffle-maker. The breakfast did not disappoint me; it was everything they said it would be (plus good-quality OJ and deluxe napkins)! PJ really knows how to offer customer service. Also, the room was clean and the bedspreads were very attractive. I wish it would have had interior room entrances, but it was easy to get to and I would recommend anyone wanting a good hotel just west of Nashville to stay there :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I just moved across country and stayed in 4 hotels. This hotel was by far my best experience! The owner/manager truly cares for the comfort and satisfaction of his guests. My original room was booked on the side of the hotel that I did not want and he quickly searched for another guest room for me on the other side of the hotel! He even walked over to make sure that my room was satisfactory!

Jack and Matt were working the next morning when I went to breakfast and they were both so friendly and personable. Jack even offered to cook my waffle for me!

The wi-fi was so fast. The room was very clean. The shower head was awesome! It was one of the oversized ones that jets out with great hot water and pressure.

They LOVE accomodating your dogs!

The rooms were so quiet. I paid double the price the night before at a Candlewood Suites Inn and the noise from the other guest rooms were so loud I could not sleep.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are facing the hotel lobby, the rooms on the right side are the quietest rooms according to t...
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Spent one night here while traving with my two girls from TX to NC. The manager was SO friendly. I can't think of the last time I have had a hotel manager take an interest in my safety or welfare, yet management of this hotel was concerned for my safe arrival (I called ahead as I was running a little late), my children's welfare (we were on our way to take my daughter to a music camp and he encouraged her to practice during our stay as well as going out of his way to ensure that my other daughter's electronci device was working when she thought it was broken). In addition to all of this, there is a really great breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy & waffles. Why stay anyplace else?

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool might be more quiet, but the hotel seems to keep "quiet" hours so...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We spent one night at the Best Western Executive Inn as we drove cross-country on a military move from California to DC.

The hotel is pretty standard for a Best Western - it's clean, comfortable, convenient, quiet and safe. It's not a luxury resort, but is good for a short stay or overnight stop while traveling. What set this property apart for me was the spirit of the manager - PJ. He was very accomodating and helpful on a few extra requests we had, and went to great lengths at breakfast to make sure that all of the guests were taken care of even though there was a large school group staying at the property.

There are other places you can stay in Dickson right off of I-40, but I recommend this property over the others b/c it's nice to see someone who truly cares about doing a good job and taking care of his customers.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Evening clerk unfriendly. When asked about discounts she informed me price always reflects AAA discount for everyone??? Charged $10 for small dog. Result is we feel we paid too much for this location. Room clean and overall acceptable. Fairly quiet after 10:00 pm. Morning front desk staff much friendlier. Didn't eat continental breakfast so no comments on it. Would not stay here, again, due to no discounts being made available which is unusual for BW chain.

• Stayed June 2012
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stay at this location once a month for business. It's always clean and PJ the owner is willing to help you with what ever you need. I've stayed at more expensive locations at the same exit, but didn't get near as good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SBTtravelAgent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at the BW Executive Inn on the last day of our 17 day vacation driving back home.
The rooms open to the outside, which gives the place a motel feeling. The rooms were very spacious, much larger than most hotels we had stayed in. Breakfast was sufficient with waffles, yogurt, and muffins, and cereal. But the thing I am so grateful is that I couldn't find my watch and wedding ring when I got home. I thought I had put it inside my cosmetic bag. I remembered seeing it in the hotel room and it must have fallen off the table near the bed. When I called, they checked and said that someone had turned in the watch and ring and it was in their safe. They didn't charge me for packaging the ring, only for the cost of shipping. I am so grateful for their integrity and honesty.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!