“Horrible dishonest owners” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Dickson
Dickson, Tennessee
“Horrible dishonest owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We are travelers, and so we have backpacks. Tried to check in and were told they only had jacuzzi rooms for $125. Called the 800# and were able to reserve a $41 room. Went back and the owners again jacked up the price. Also wanted a pet fee for a pet friendly chain. Tried to tell us that our dog had destroyed the carpet before, although we had never stayed there with a dog. Our last visit had been over a year ago, with out our pet. Also, the room was under my name before, never registered under his name like we were trying to tonight. These people just don't want travelers staying, because the area near is over run with home bums. We are hitch hiking, and have stayed at Motel 6 locations cross country, and have never had any problems like we had here. These people discriminate because of your appearance. Not that there rooms are anything to worry much about missing, but it's the point of it. If there were any American owned motels on this exit, I would recommend them. However, there aren't. We ended up staying at the Super 8 across the street, and are glad that the 6 turned us down. The rooms here are so much nicer, bigger, and cleaner. The owners of this Motel 6 are dishonest, and there motel is awful anyway. Never expected "Bums" to have computers and complain about you, did you? Thanks for nothing Motel 6 Dickson. You truly are horrible people, and your business practices are unethical.

Room Tip: Go anyplace but here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jay L, Webmaster at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Motel 6 Dickson during your recent stay in our area.Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Registration staff and management were approached about the way you reported being treated when you attempted to stay at our establishment.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Motel 6 Dickson. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

We have stayed in 3 motel 6 while on a cross country trip. The others were nice and clean. The motel 6 in Dickson, TN is one of the most disgusting places I have ever stayed. The pillows were stained, box springs are stained, sheets are covered in hair as if they were never changed.

There were pee stains on the mattress among other large stains. Only 2 towels for the room and no stopper for the bath. When asked for a stopper, an extra towel and pillow we were questioned as if we were trying to steal something and not given a stopper. The other reviews say in response from the motel that "steps" were taken, but it looks as if nothing has changed and I will never be staying at this motel 6 again.

• Stayed September 2011
Jay L, Webmaster at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this review, October 14, 2011

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Dickson for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will reconsider and once again choose to stay at Motel 6 Dickson. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel has Good service, Good value, Good enough facilities. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was extremely neat and very, very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was clean and comfortable. The room had your basic amenities including a microwave oven, fridge, chairs, etc. The bed was comfortable and had clean bed sheet. My bathroom was cleaned. I did get towels every day. Hotel is located near to Near Renaissance Center Dickson, TN. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Aside from the blue walls and pink sheets, the room I got this time was actually pretty decent. It had a microwave and fridge, along with wifi, so for the few hours I was awake here, it was quite nice.

The downside is from the room I was staying at, I could hear the music from the car dealership next door, and the bed wasn't the most comfortable, but for $36 a night, who can be choosy.

I will most likely stay here again if I pass through the area and am on a budget, but if I had my choice, I'd either go to the Super 8 next door or keep truckin down the highway until I get to a nicer place like Drury or MicroTel or something.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the car dealership
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very much above average motel 6 in terms of room and ammenities. Their pet deposit was a small downer but, for the price, when traveling with pets I'd definately return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This place is disgusting. We came here because it is "pet friendly" and thought the rate would justify the ick factor, but we were charged for a SECOND person! (who does that in this country?) And that great low rate on the big sign? Oh, they don't have any of those rooms. There is no coffee maker, no breakfast, there is only one bath towel, there is no towel rack, the room is dirty and thread bare. The only good thing I can say about the room is the air conditioner works great. Sleeping in your car would be preferable to staying here. And I say that after driving for 13 hours today.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
motel6dicksontn, Webmaster at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this review, August 25, 2011

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Dickson for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was informed that it is not proper to charge a pet as a person.

• Housekeeping was instructed that the room assigned to you was not properly equip as to towels, coffee maker etc.

• Maintenance was instructed to replace the missing towel rack in the room assigned to you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Motel 6 Dickson. I think you will be greatly pleased.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel. The bedding was overwashed and the boxsprings were all stained we noticed as we were checking for misplaced items on our way out. No cheap price was worth staying there. Next note we grabbed a hilton to make up for it. Try super 8 instead...our advice

• Stayed May 2011
motel6dicksontn, Webmaster at Motel 6 Dickson, responded to this review, July 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Dickson for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Been to Motel 6 Dickson? Share your experiences!