“Adequate-but a great bed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Decherd

You added Quality Inn Decherd to your Saves list
Quality Inn Decherd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1838 Decherd Blvd., Decherd, TN 37324 (Formerly Jameson Inn Decherd)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Decherd
Atlanta, GA
“Adequate-but a great bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a hotel in a small town in Tenn. There are no big attractions and we were there for a family reunion. So I would not expect the same of a hotel in a more metropolitan area. The room was mostly clean. I touched the top cover and my hand began to itch and sting so I immediately washed my hand and took that cover off the bed. The bedding otherwise was clean and the bed itself slept wonderfully. The wifi was spotty, but you could get it if you found just the right way to hold your device. There is a grocery store and fast food within walking distance.

Room Tip: We were in a room with a king sized bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I booked 2 rooms for our family of 4. We also had friends book a room as well. When making our reservations I informed the clerk we were there for a 3 pm funeral on Saturday and asked if I could have a late check out. The clerk advised me not a problem. Well Saturday morning came and they started calling our room at 11 which was the checkout time telling us we needed to leave. The manager said we could not stay any later. I was at the local Walmart getting unbrellas for the funeral because it was pouring. I had to rush back to the room and couldnt get a shower or anything because I "had" to check out. I understand If they had a booked hotel but there were plenty of vacancies for that evening. I inquired in case we were going to stay an extra day. I feel the manager could have been a little more flexible or at least give me an additional 30 minutes to get a shower and get dressed. I would choose another hotel if I ever go back in the future.

• Stayed May 2012
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Room was decent but the beds were small and very uncomfortable. Also be aware that their Wifi only works if your room is close to the office. I called to ask if they even had Wifi and the desk clerk acted like I was idiot and said it was working fine. My iphone, ipad and laptop was detecting Wifi from all the surrounding businesses but could not pick up anything at the motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My wife already wrote a review but i will put my input as well. i stayed at this hotel with my wife, a friend and my small son. we were in for a softball tournament. on our way back up to our room we witnessed one of the employees cursing at another employee who couldnt have been any older than 18, we felt so sorry for the young girl, like my wife said it wasnt professional for the hotel at all. However we do applaud that young girl for acting with manners, she came and apologized for the way her fellow coworker acted while she was helping us with the key card to our room. i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, it was a very bad expericence and especially for my son to hear those foul words from that woman. also the towels and wash rags had alot of stains.

Room Tip: Read reviews from former guests!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
living4now, General Manager at Quality Inn Decherd, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the inappropriate behavior exhibited by the staff member. I was informed of the situation as it was unfolding and the associate who was being abusive to the younger girl is no longer with our company. I have readdressed with each staff member the importance of professionalism at all times while on property. I hope you will choose to stay with us again as the scene you witnessed is not the norm or accepted behavior at any Jameson property, including mine. Thank you again for your time.
cookville, tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We were there over weekend and the staff was either out front rocking and cussing over walking around cussing. They showed no respect for the guest at all. I would not recommend or stay there again, not a professional setting at all....NEVER AGAIN....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JamesonDecherd, General Manager at Quality Inn Decherd, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry for your bad experience here at the Jameson Inn. I apologize for the inappropriate behavior of the staff member, as they are no longer an employee here. We believe customer service should be #1 for our guest. I hope that in the future you will stay with us again so that you can have the true Jameson Inn experience. Again, I can't stress enough to you how deeply sorry we are for your bad experience.

Joanna Ashey
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

This is an good hotel choice in the Winchester-Decherd area, and one of our party said this was the one of the nicest in its price range nationwide. It is set back from the road and the front desk was personable. Breakfast area is cozy but adequate, and milk & squeeze-oleo are available in the refrigerator for self-made waffles. Rooms open to outside walkway, and all systems were in good working order.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I typically don't stay in a hotel that has rooms that their doors go directly outside. I like interior facing doors into a hallway. Even with my safety concern of this, I felt completely safe and found that this was in a great location. I had to check out and immediately come back and check in for one more night due to a family emergency. The staff was so great that they gave me the discounted rate for that unplanned night that I had booked through a travel website. The room was a little cramped with a pack and play due to a chair, but we made it work and we will definitely be returning

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Decherd? Share your experiences!