“Authentic and EXCELLENT Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: Mexican
Michigan
“Authentic and EXCELLENT Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Since we are of Mexican descent, we are always looking for GOOD Mexican cuisine when ever we visit a new city. Romo's did not disappoint. If you are looking for chain restaurant food - this is not for you. The dishes were plentiful and authentic. The margaritas were made with your favorite, true Mexican tequila. This is a family-owned restaurant, and the entire staff were very friendly and courteous.

Our family enjoyed the restaurant so much, we didn't want to leave. We did hang out in the bar for a few after dinner drinks. The bartender, Miguel, was entertaining and was the perfect ending to a wonderful evening.

We WILL be stopping there again this week before we head back home to Michigan.

• Visited June 2013

Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
“Food was a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My daughter and I visited here today for lunch and the food was very disappointing. Both of us ordered something similar, a steak fajita and a fajita salad. Two items that are popular dishes in Mexican restaurants and by far one of my favorite items in the summer when I am looking for something not to heavy. For starters my salad was a disaster, my chicken was under seasoned and bland. The peppers and onions were not cooked and there were huge chunks of green peppers. There was some sort of very thin "cheese sauce" on it, so much of it that it was like a bowl of soup on my plate. It was at this point I had just sent the entire salad back. I wasn't counting on having a salad go so horribly wrong but it did. The fajitas were not much better, we had the same problem with the steak, it was under seasoned and very tough. The vegetables were under cooked and huge chunks not thin strips. To be honest it was as if the meat is cooked ahead of time and the veggies are not, and then the cold meat is thrown onto the grill with the cold veg and then when the meat is hot the whole thing is just taken off. So you have warm over cooked dry meat and veg that is crunchy and undercooked. This is a long review and I am not doing it to be spiteful but our family is on a limited income and when we get the chance to go out to lunch we are hoping for a good experience. The prices here were a little pricey, but we wanted to try it out since we all love Mexican food. The decor and patio were beautiful, and the staff were quick.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Monterrey, Mexico
“Mexico Lindo y Querido!....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Romo's is the best Mexican restaurant in Cumberlaind County and probably in Tennessee

A friendly place with tasty FRESH FOOD!......

Romo's is restaurant for all the lovers of good food. The new place outside is perfect to enjoy one crazy Marguerita and relax while having dinner.

From the food to the service everything is genuine, even the Mariachis once a week.

I recommend this restaurant at any time and return to it as often as I can.

• Visited May 2013
Crossville, Tennessee, United States
“I love Romo's Mexican Restaraunt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have eaten at Romo's several times and have always enjoyed my meal. My kids are not big on Mexican Food so they get the chicken strips and fries or the cheeseburger and fries. They always ask...Can we go to that new mexican restaraunt again? The molcajete fajita's are fabulous. They are even good the next day leftover. It is a beautiful restaraunt and very authentic looking, being from California. Very nice staff and meals have always come quick. I have been to every mexican restaraunt in town and Romo's is my favorite!

• Visited April 2013
Crossville, Tennessee
“They try”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have eaten there twice...once when brand new and again about a month later. The food delivered did not match the menu descriptions...some of us got entirely wrong food. Food was not brought together...a 5 minute wait for my wife to be served after I was. Salsa reminds me of Campbell's condensed tomato soup right out of the can. One waiter would take the order but another delivered it...no connection with the customers at all. Drink refills were problematic. Complaints were acknowledged at the cashier with offers of discounts or comps, so they do try.

Visited July 2012