“Glad we visited.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: Dessert
“Glad we visited.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The custard was delicious, each of my family wanted something different and they where great in getting us what we wanted. They offer 3 flavors I'm assuming a day, which I didn't won't so they made me what I asked for it was superb.

“Wonderful ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great place to visit after eating down the road at Big Boy BBQ. The Slobbernocker is great!!! I don't have anything more to say to get to 100 characters.

Urbana, Indiana
“Custard stand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Delicious custard. Wide variety of ice cream treats. We went through drive up after a forenoon of shopping. Service fast and friendly.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
“Homemade frozen custard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stopped here recently when visiting the area, and we're very glad we did. We were pleasantly surprised how delicious the custard, very natural and creamy. Their selection of flavors are somewhat lilmited but we know from friends who frequent it that they feature new flavors often. It is unpretentious and has a pleasant porch out front for relaxing. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Custard from a Cabin, But Not At All Backwoods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

In a visit to Fairfield Glade recently, we passed the Custard Cabin about six or eight times, but the timing was never right for us to stop, until our very last day where where (surprisingly) we weren't rushing to catch our outbound flight leaving from Knoxville.

The Custard Cabin is somewhat rustic and small (both inside and out), but appeared to be very clean, with a limited seating area inside - and to even include drive-thru service. The interior decorating could be considered to be sort of an eclectic mix of early 1800's cabin motif combined with an attempt at a 50's theme? Regardless, the theme was "working" and fun. The location offers a fairly standard selection of frozen custard fare, including cones, sundaes, milkshakes and malts.

The counter person was very pleasant and helped us in gauging the sizes of the portions, in order to help inform our selections. My wife choose a somewhat unimaginative single serving of chocolate custard in a dish. I went for a double serving sundae with hot fudge and marshmallow, with whipped cream and a cherry.

Both of our selections were quite good, with the custard having good, respective flavors (her chocolate and my vanilla). The custard was smooth and creamy, and with no icy-ness detected in some custard ice cream (to sometimes include the folks with the initials - DQ). My only minor disappointment was that instead receiving what I thought would be a more traditional marshmallow creme on my sundae, it came with a handful of miniature marshmallows. This may have been my fault at not reading the sundae ingredients closer, but the marshmallow creme might be a better option to consider in the future.

Overall, this was a pretty good experience and a reasonably good value - and we would likely return for another visit.

• Visited October 2013