“Gem in the rough” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Local restaurant - do not believe they have a website
Description: Local restaurant - do not believe they have a website
“Gem in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Don't let the exterior of the restaurant turn you away, food is very good, as well as the service and price. Need to spruce up the outside, looks like a biker's hangout.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Hometown Country Chic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

BnB is located in Crossville, Tennessee. This small town is known as a retirement community and for its famous Cumberland County Playhouse. The restaurant benefits from both crowds.

This is a hometown venture, located in a old building, its dark paneling and rough wood construction reminded me of my youth. There is no plastic, no chrome and no flash- this is a hometown effort. The service was very good- despite us arriving just as a crowd from the playhouse arrived for dinner. We were seated at a nice table and presented the homey menu. Given the choices, the prices were good- not overly cheap, but reasonable for the types of food being service. I chose a rib/ steak combination and my wife had a onion crusted talapia.

The meal was a fairly simple interpretation of the foods presented. I thought the ribs were good, but the steak was very thin and although cooked the way I asked for it, I don't care for thin strips of meat. My wife's fish was excellent. We also had a dessert each- but both appeared to be frozen production pies from a store somewhere. I had key lime, which I didn't care for, but wife had a very nice turtle.

Our waitress tried to guide us on the dessert menu as well as other foods. I am fairly certain we will go back, but next time I'll probably just ask what's good and take the recommendation.

All in all a positive and fairly economical meal.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Dinner was very good and reasonable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Got seated for our reservation right on time. Our wait person was very friendly and knowledgeable and took excellent care of us. If you are going to Crossville; we would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2012
Crossville, Tennessee, United States
“Good 10 dollar deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I like the10 dollar deal. You get steak, salad, veg, roll and drink for 10 dollars. Oh I forgot you get dessert too. Very good.

Crossville, Tennessee
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The staff is friendly, but; the food simply is generic. Nothing I've gotten there make me happy. (I've gone twice, in order to give them another try, but; it's just not good.) There are too many other places that are tasty to spend my money. I won't go back.