“Great staff. Nice property. Good location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2581 East 1st Street, (I-40, Exit 322), Crossville, TN 38555   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great staff. Nice property. Good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Not exactly close to downtown Crossville, but it is a nice area. We felt very safe there.

The building shows some signs of aging, but everything was very clean. The bed was great. Other furnishings not so plush, but It's Comfort Suite's not a Hilton.

The staff was so friendly and accommodating--especially Linda and Woody. Even the housekeepers were very friendly!

Free breakfast was typical so went across the interstate to Hardee's for breakfast. The cookies and great coffee in the lobby during the afternoon was a nice touch.

Room Tip: top floor away from interstate
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review.

We are delighted you had a great stay with us, we are just about to start our Property Improvement Plan which will be an exciting time for us! We will be doing some really wonderful changes so I do hope you come back to see us all real soon.

Kind Regards

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

When you stay here its like you are family. If you ever need anything like a sink stopper bath mat or a mint all you have to do is ask and they will go out of there way to make the guest feel like they are the top priority.

You are always well greeted up arriving and anytime one of the staff see you out they ask how everything is and if you need anything. I could not ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Like being at home !!! This is exactly what we want all of our guests to feel like.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We always want to exceed our customers expectations and we are delighted you experience this on your stays at our hotel.

Come back and see us !

Thank you again - Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay in your wonderful accommodations on several golf outings in the Crossville area. It makes you feel good to stay in such a clean and comfortable "home" away from home. The rooms and the common areas are always well kept. My golfing buddies always appreciate the free and tasty breakfast. I have to say the general manager, Suzanne Moffet, knows how to treat guest by making them feel special. She is knowledgeable of the area and is willing to make recommendations and to give directions to local restaurants, drugstores, and in our case golf courses. Suzanne offers that touch of southern hospitality even with her Scottish accent. The entire staff from the front desk to the housekeeping employees along with the cooks seem to have taken her lead to just be nice to people and they will keep coming back. I call this job security. My wife and I just took a trip to West Virginia and to the Smoky Mountains. As a result of the service that I experienced from Suzanne and her staff we decided to stay in hotels that are affiliated with the Choice Hotel chain. The Crossville group made believers out of us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for you review - I feel truly honored and humbled by your wonderfully kind words. I love what I do and I really feel blessed to work with an amazing team at the Comfort Suites in Crossville. We all really want to make our hotel a 'home' away from 'home' and it makes each and everyone of us delighted when this is found to be the case and appreciated.

Thank you again for taking time to write such a wonderful review - I know you will be back and I promise a warm welcome and of course will have the cookies and coffee waiting for y'all!..

Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Yes, do stay at this location!! A lengthy review is needed to do justice to this fine motel!

My Crossville "home" whenever I am in the area. This is the only time I ever experienced a "problem". My room was on the ground floor near the stop light, which made it noisy. I mentioned it to the desk agent (Denise) the next morning and poof...I was moved to a room I enjoyed a previous stay. (I didn't even ask to be moved as I understood the hotel to be full for the week-end!!) Slept very well that night and thoroughly enjoyed the huge hot breakfast.

This well-stocked breakfast offers: 2 cereals (Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops), milk (2% and whole), make-your-self waffles (strawberry and regular), honey, maple syrup, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), sausage, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), juice (apple and orange), toast (white and wheat), jams (strawberry, grape and mixed), bagels (strawberry and regular cream cheese, mini muffins (poppyseed, banana nut). As I said huge.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable bed, (wasn't wild about the small pillows), free Wi-Fi. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool (closed for season). Extremely convenient to I-40 at exit 322. A right turn from parking lot will take you 4 miles to historic downtown Crossville. Several churces are also near by. A great place to stay if you are a golfer as Crossville is also know for it's courses. Also, there is an annual Oktoberfest minutes away if you are visiting in October.

Your "Gold Award" is well deserved! Kudos to the entire staff, especially Denise!

Room Tip: No "bad" rooms unless a light sleeper. Then request an upper room or away from the red li...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review !!

We love that you call us your Crossville "home" - this is exactly the positive experience we want all of our guests to experience.

We work really hard for our Gold Award and I am so delighted you enjoy your stays with us, we only aim to keep improving on providing better and better accommodations for all of our guests, our renovations start soon - if you like us now? you will love us when they are complete.

Please come back and see us.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We would definitely stay here again. The hotel is fairly small, but very well kept, and comfortable.
The staff is friendly and helpful, the room was clean and quiet. The free breakfast was a real treat and very good. Coffee, tea, and cookies are a nice welcome and available whenever you come or go.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
What a wonderful review!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, we are delighted you had such a great stay with us.

We really pride our hotel on being super customer service orientated and it is always so rewarding to know our efforts are appreciated. We are due to start some fantastic property improvement plans which includes all new bedding, new furniture throughout the hotel, new bathroom vanities, knockdown texturing in all the rooms, new foyer, new breakfast fixtures to name just a few, so our award winning property will look even better.

Please come back and see us and I promise we will have the fresh baked cookies ready for you.

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel was fine, unless you have business to do on the internet. The WiFi is extremely spotty. I lost my connection at least 50 times in a one night stay. Ovation Networks is the contact. There is a card with their number in the room in case of problems, but the person I spoke with told me (after the third call) that there was nothing else she could do. I lost a lot of time and productivity trying to do my business here. When I called the hotel for the reservation, I was assured that they had a sound WiFi connection. If I had known then what I know now, I would have used another hotel.
Also, I thought I was renting a suite, but it is actually a standard double room with a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Vernessa T
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I want to sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay with regards to the WIFI, as soon as I was alerted to the issue I had my maintenance staff check the access points that we have around the hotel. I also called Ovation to investigate any loss of signal, we did find access point 2 on the north side of the second floor was not working. We immediately ordered a new access point in order to rectify this issue. Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience this caused, please contact me personally and I will discuss compensation and an upgrade on your next visit.

I thank you so much for your feedback, customer feedback allows us to rectify issues and make improvements where and when needed.

Please come back and stay with us so we can provide excellent service for you.

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending a performance at the Cumberland County Playhouse. The hotel was actually better than we expected. The entire hotel looked clean, well kept, and well managed. Our room was excellent--roomy, clean and quiet. We look forward to staying here again sometime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We are delighted we exceeded your expectations - we are very proud of our 7 time award winning property and it is always especially rewarding when guests recognize our efforts.

Please come back and see us and you can be assured on the same high standards and warm welcome.

Kind Regards
Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Hampton Inn Crossville
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#4 of 12 in Crossville
4.0 of 5 stars 89 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!