“Great family atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2581 East 1st Street, (I-40, Exit 322), Crossville, TN 38555   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
“Great family atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

As a mother traveling with young children I would highly recommend this property. It is very clean and well maintained. The rooms are huge and easily accommodate larger families. The breakfast is great, there is a huge variety for everyone. Hot breakfast with eggs, biscuits and gravy and so much more. It was easy to find something for everyone which is hard with picky little ones. The staff is EXCELLENT and some of the friendliest people we have met. The general manager Suzanne is so sweet (and her sweet British accent is a perk) you can tell she loves her job and her staff. When traveling to Crossville, which we do often, we will definitely be staying at the Comfort Suites. Great value for an excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2013
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
What a fantastic Review !!! Thank you so much.

I am so pleased that you enjoy our facilities, our rooms are all large suites which is perfect for the travelling family. I will share your feedback with all of the staff who I know will be thrilled that you had such a good stay with us.

Thank you again - please come back and see us.

Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I felt right at home as soon as I walked in the door. The place was spotless and fully deserves its gold award. The manager (Suzanne) was very helpful and professional and went out of her way to make sure I had a good stay. At check in I had to wait only a few minutes while what can only be described as a gang of ladies who were rude and hateful when they were checked in. The manager handled the situation better than anyone could have and deserves high praise. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your very kind review.

I am delighted I was able to assist you at check-in. We are so proud of our Gold Award Winning hotel and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and have chosen us as your new hotel of choice.

Thank you again for leaving such positive praise we care about our guests and it is always rewarding when our efforts are appreciated.

Central Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was the second year in a row that we have stayed here while dropping my daughter off for camp. the front desk workers have always been so kind and friendly, like they genuinely want you to be there. Pool is always nice and warm, as is the hot tub. It was nice to see that they added handicapped lifts into both, these were not here last year. Great, large rooms, comfy pillows and beds and a great location! We will ALWAYS stay here when coming to Crossville! Rooms are quiet, would be nice if we could get it a little cheaper but that is my only downside to this hotel!

Room Tip: have had four different rooms, all were great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Ms Kathy

Thank you for your review I am delighted that our hotel is your hotel of choice when you stay in Crossville !!!

We have recently added ADA accessible pool and spa lifts which have been a great success and allow of all our guests and family members access to our facilities. We also updated our fitness rooms and in the next week will be installing a guest Marketplace offering candies/microwave meals and ice cream etc.

We also offer great 'special deals' - next time you are in the area please call me and I will ensure you get a discounted rate on your next stay.

Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in mid Tenn. right off of 1-40. It is approx. 5 yrs.' old and is kept up very well. It is rated 'Gold' but it is much better than some of the 'Golds' that I have seen in Penn. or NY. This is a no smoking and no pet hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we are delighted you enjoyed our Gold Award Winning property, we are so proud to have won this award for the last seven years. It puts us in the top 10% of the Choice properties and an achievement we work very hard to maintain.

We all genuinely care for our guests and I am so pleased that you felt this on your recent stay with us.

Please come back and see us and we will have the fresh baked cookies and coffee ready for you.

Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was in Crossville for work and reservations were made for me by the company I was working for. On day one we checked in to find only 1 of 5 rooms ready. My room did not have the AC working. I asked to have maintenance look at it while I was away from the hotel. When I came back the AC was still not working and the Manager said that maintenance had taken a reading of the unit and it was 52 degrees.....NOT. Her solution to the problem was a box fan, since she said there were no available rooms(.Brand New out of the box.) Needless to say I was Livid as this was an unacceptable answer to the problem since I had heard a desk clerk earlier say that they had a room that cost more than the rooms we were in. Another of the rooms smelled so bad of mildew that my co-worker had to be moved only to get moved to a room with a dirty pillow that had lipstick and makeup on it. Room #3 also had a room that smelled bad but was able to tolerate it, and found hair in the bathtub before she ever used it. Then a few days into our stay Room #4 had the ceiling in the bathroom start leaking. Upon investigation and notification of maintenance, we found out that the room above it had a Jacuzzi. When maintenance came to look at it he found a leak and someone had sat an ice bucket in the ceiling to catch the water, rather than fix it and the bucket had over flowed causing the water to leak in the bathroom. The mold in the ceiling from this was appalling. Is this not a health code violation??????
Only 1 of the 5 rooms had no issue other than the bad smell.
DO NOT stay here.
I will say staff, minus Manager, were very apologetic and polite and tried to accommodate us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Ms Jen,

Thank you for your review and i am very sorry you did not have a good stay with us. Your original group reservations were made at the Hampton but i understand they were unable to accommodate your group so at short notice we received a call from your work, as we were close to selling out and several of the group had specific needs, 1st floor, away from elevator etc it took us several minutes to get you situated. You did complain in the evening about your AC unit not cooling the room and i immediately called maintenance into the hotel, he did get a reading of 52, however, to ensure you had a comfortable stay I offered you a fan for the evening and we would put a brand new AC in the room in the morning or a room move. You opted for the room move and i immediately moved you to a room, very close to your existing one so as to prevent hassle when moving - i stated there was no rush - you moved and I asked several times if the new room was acceptable and you indicated yes.

Again, the next day I asked and you said everything was good. I was not aware of any other issues and spoke at length to the other ladies in your group who seemed to really enjoy all of our facilities. I did at the time apologize for the issue with the AC and I also emailed an apology and also wrote to you enclosing a gift card. We all care about our guests happiness and making a wonderful stay for them, the company that housed you at our hotel have always used our facility and continue to do so. I wish it had been a better stay for you, please come back and see us and i will upgrade your room and i am sure you will have a wonderful stay.

Spottsville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hotel very clean and very friendly.It right off Interstate 40.My sister booked 3 room with king bed and sofa.I thought the bed was comfy.It was very quite,i didnt eat breakfast but my family did they said it was good I slept in so i dont know.The kids went swimming the chemical where strong my daughter eyes where red she said they use salt,the vending machine where at a good price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Miss Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind review - we are delighted you had a good stay with us. We have recently updated our breakfast selection so I am so pleased your family enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We also offer 'Grab and Go' bags for any late/early risers !

We will also be introducing a new Marketplace which will offer more candies/food selections, including frozen foods and ice creams so in addition to our great value vending machines we will have a newly designed marketplace in our foyer to offer even more choice for our guests.

We hope you come back to see us really soon. Thank you again for taking time to give us such a wonderful review.

Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The management and staff of this hotel are most accommodating and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure you have whatever you need while you are staying with them. Breakfast in the mornings have a wide variety to choose from and the food is very good. The rooms are extremely nice and very clean. Any time I am in the Crossville, TN area this is my hotel of choice.

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff !!! We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us and are even more pleased to know that when you are back in the area you have said we will always be your preferred hotel.

We strive to exceed our guests expectations and its always particularly rewarding when our efforts are so appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!