“The best in Crossville” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“The best in Crossville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband and I just returned from our annual trip to Fairfield Glade, and we both agreed that of all the restaurants that we ate at this was the best. Last year was our first time there, and we noticed this year, that the meals were better prepared. As always, the service was excellent and the hostess came twice to our table to make sure that everything was okay. I would definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Crossville, TN
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Compliments to Chef Paul Gutierrez. He has certainly improved the food at Brass Lantern. Miss the Sunday brunches though.

Crossville, Tennessee
“A Must if Eating in Crossville-A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I will preface my post by saying I travel by plane all over the country for work, and eat out at "top" restaurants all the time. I am thus very hard to impress. My husband and I tried Brass Lantern in October for a special occasion--our anniversary. It is located in the same building as Chestnut Hill winery-an old structure, but well-maintained. The restaurant is fairly small, but we were immediately seated in a more private booth, and greeted by name with prompt and courteous service. The waiters were very knowledgable about the menu and well-trained. The food was FANTASTIC. The desserts are homemade. Try the steak, crabcakes, and the crab-stuffed Mahi Mahi. The wine list is good, and the decor appropriate for a classier restaurant. Don't bother ordering the usual appetizer fare--branch out. They need to replace their lighting, as it does look dated--but that's my ONLY complaint..
We went back a couple more times---all the same---top service and great, unexpected food for the area. We last went on Valentines Day, and were greeted by name. I was given a bouquet of hand-crafted wooden pink roses, which were a great gift and a very special, unexpected touch. The food again was fantastic. The dessert was homemade Blueberry ice cream, and the waiter who picked the blueberries was very happy that we loved it. He told us the story on how many he picked, and how the ice cream was made. The whole evening was wonderful.
This restaurant REALLY is an unexpected place to find in Crossville, TN. The usual restaurants are fast-food, or cheap "cookie-cutter" Southern/traditional. I don't understand the complaints about being over-priced for the quality of food I have experienced. I have paid WAY more for more mediocre food at the Capitol Grill in Orlando, Moonfish, and other top city-specific 5-star restaurants. I don't recommend this place for parents with children, as folks who come here tend to be older, or dining for a special (romantic) occasion. This is truly a great place to eat with excellent service (better than most I've experienced) and this place SHOULD be priced higher than Cracker Barrel, Cancun's, Ruby's, or Vegas. The service is excellent, the food fantastic for this area or ANY area, and the owner obviously tries to make patrons feel special. It's a hidden gem, and you should definitely try it on your next special occasion!!

Crossville
“Pricey but pretty good for Crossville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

All four of us enjoyed our meals. We were happy to finally find a place in Crossville that had a decent menu that was not soutnern, mexican or asian. The price was a little high for what you are getting here, but nontheless still the best in Crossville

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

This is a GREAT place for fine dining at it's best!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere