“Ownership Change but Still excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Ownership Change but Still excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Brass Lantern is still excellent after a change of ownership. We had an excellent romantic meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very Disappointing !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just a little rant:
Our favorite restaurant Halcyon Days in Crossville closed recently so we decided to try a different one tonight called the Brass Lantern. Well....we were never so disappointed in our lives. We were seated fairly quick but the waiter said he would try to take care of us as he had a large group already. What he should have said was that he was a piss poor waiter. He finally got over to the table and Irene wanted to know what they had in a sweet wine (bear in mind this place is in a winery) he said he didn't know anything about wine.I told Irene the Moscatto would be a good choice as I have had some before. She finally talked him into a small sample which was delicious. He ran off to get her a glass. I guess he thought I didn't need anything to drink at all. Luckily some one else had brought water. Eventually he came back with her wine and took our order. We had Escargot and mozzarella sticks for appetizers and ordered our main course at the same time. Normally at a restaurant of the quality this one was supposed to be the waiter would have brought bread. Well no he finally brought the appetizers which were barely warm and the Escargot was not at all like it was at Halcyon Days. No seasoning at all but did have a biscuit like crust on top. The sauce with the cheese sticks was cold but very tasty. The salad arrives 15 minutes later and finally the bread. Irene's baked potato was barely warm enough to melt butter and her steak was supposed to be medium rare but was medium by the time she got it. I was to have the shrimp scampi in butter and wine sauce with lemon and the veggie of the day. Mine wasn't too bad but it must have only been lightly sprayed with a bit of sauce as there was hardly any. I really do not like a lot of sauce normally and I certainly got my wish here. It was almost non existent. The waiter never came back to ask if everything was OK or if it was crap but took plates away soon enough. When he took my plate away he said I will get the check. Desert was never offered or even, heaven forbid more water or even coffee. Irene was extremely mad at this point and noted on the bill in the tip area "very bad service" we left one penny on the table for a tip. The meal with only one drink for Irene was well over & $70.00 and was worth maybe $15.00 for the two of us. Rest assured we will not be going back. This place could not hold a "LANTERN" to Halcyon days or even a semi good quality restaurant.
Rant over !

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Crossville, Tennessee
“Excellent Upscale Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went to dinner with another couple on a Friday night. We all totally enjoyed our meal. The service was outstanding with friendly, prompt and attentive service. Not a place for everyday dining, but for a little upscale night out, it was wonderful. We will definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crossville, Tennessee
“Mother's Day Buffet 2014”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Do not go to special buffets luncheons there. The food was terrible. Minimal and simple desserts. I was almost embarrassed that I even took my mom and mother in law there. Would have cooked for them instead as it was also very expensive with only fair service. Water glasses stayed empty

Visited May 2014
Crossville, Tennessee
“Not what we had hoped for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We tried the Brass Lantern for lunch, yesterday. This was our first meal there under its new ownership.
My wife and I were greeted promptly by the server/hostess. The lunch menu has several nice offerings which are all reasonably priced.
My wife ordered the French Dip sandwich, while I had the Reuben, or Ruben, depending on which menu you read from.
My Reuben was flavorful, although not very warm. The marbled rye was grilled only to the point that the bread was dried out. My wife enjoyed her French Dip, but did not eat her French Fries. They were almost without flavor, as were mine. Our server said that the person working the frier never salts the fries. I did eat mine, although they were almost room temperature.
We will return. I have great hopes for this place, since it's close to home, and Crossville doesn't have much to offer for restaurants. I hope that the new owner reads this review and makes a few minor improvements in food flavor and temperature.

• Visited May 2014