“Very good food at an excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cookeville
“Very good food at an excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I live only a few miles from this restaurant and only wish I had patronized it sooner. It is an excellent place to take guests. Variety of meals is outstanding and ambience is exceptional. I had the roast duck with orange sauce and my friend had the salmon, both of which were prepared and presented beautifully. It was a very leisure meal. Be sure to make reservations. They had a "full house."

• Visited July 2011

68% Recommend
Fairfield, Iowa
“The best restaurant yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I were in Crossville in early July. We visited the Brass Lantern with my daughter and had a fantastic meal. I ordered crab cakes and was delighted with 2 very large crab cakes that were delicious. My wife had the Tilapia special and she thought it was wonderful. My daughter's pasta dish (I think it was with shrimp) was huge and tasted really good. The atmosphere was great and the servers very attentive. It was a bit pricey but considering the entire experience, was worth it.

• Visited July 2011
TN
“Excellent- the best we've had in Crossville.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My wife and I were a trip to West Tennessee over Memorial day week-end. We spent the night at a Hampton Inn on Peavine Rd., just off I-40 in Crossville. (A very nice, newer, Hampton Inn.) After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we made a reservation at the Brass Lantern restaurant, located adjacent to a winery, and just across the road from the Hampton Inn. Here are the facts- we have eaten a lot of fine food in a lot of places, but for an excellent dining experience if you are in this area, eat at this restaurant. I had the orange roughy, and I.ve never had better. If the food coming by our table was as good as it looked, then it too was delicious. Great menu, but not overwhelming. A manager (and I suspect the owner) that was on top of everything. A very efficient waiter that knew what he was doing. The evening moved along, but we never felt rushed. We felt as if we had been there before, and had come back to see old friends. I would recommend this restaurant to my best friends.

• Visited May 2011
MAYSVILLE, KENTUCKY
“Really nice restaurant in a small community.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Visited this restaurant with some friends while staying in Fairfield Glade. It was a great experience and we will go back again the next time we are in the area.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best Place to Eat Near the Glade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Not many choices in restaurants near the Glade. This is one of the better ones. We went for lunch. Kids loved the sweet potato fries. Nice relaxing meal. Shares the building with a wine shop.

• Visited October 2010