“Room was comfortable, but heard plumbing noises all night!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Crossville

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Crossville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Crossville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   105 Executive Drive, Crossville, TN 38555 (Formerly Days Inn Crossville)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Crossville
“Room was comfortable, but heard plumbing noises all night!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The king room was comfortable...a nice sofa, coffee table, desk with chair, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, iron/ ironing board...

However, I slept very little due to plumbing noises all night...every time someone flushed a toilet or ran water, I had "gurguling" noises in my sink! The walls are so thin that I could hear the toilet paper being unrolled next door...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofInn803, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Crossville, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn of Crossville. Thank you for taking the time to let me know
where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our standards. We appreciate you giving us a chance. You are a valued guest and your stay is important us. Thank you again.. Mila

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We came to this hotel for a family reunion. It is the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayesd in!!!!! The first room we had there was mold growing on the wall you could smell it as soon aa you walked in. The gave us another room no problem ..... my son got in the bath tube to take a bath the mat came up the entire bottom of the tube under the mat is cover in mold!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Athens, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have never reviewed a hotel before, but I felt this needed to be shared. I called four times before leaving home to ask a question, and nobody answered the phone. Three hours after we arrived, there was a note on our door telling us to come to the office. We were told that Travelocity said we hadn't paid our bill, (which we had) so the hotel needed my credit card number to bill us. (Won't use Travelocity again, either) After that was cleared up, we found that the sheets on one of the beds were NASTY! I accidently left my ice packs in the freezer. Within five hours of leaving the hotel, I called to ask that they be put aside so I could come to pick them up. I was told that they were gone. Someone else had taken them from the freezer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were not allowed to check in as they stated the booking system was down even though we had the booking no. from Booking.com showing we had reservations. They would not let us check in unless we paid them cash for a room. They would not wait til the next day to check the booking system and run our credit card. They told us to contact Booking.com and tell them we had a death or sickness in the family and get our money back from them. I told them I was not going to lie. My husband stepped outside to tell me they would not give us a room and they locked him out of the lobby. They had a check in window for after hours that we went to and asked the girl her name and she refused to give it to us and said she was calling the police and we told her to call the police but she did not call them. I told her I was going to report them and she said that's fine we get that all the time. We travelled on 8-18-13 and tried checking in at 6:00pm. We went to eat and then drove home as we did not have the extra cash to get another room and it was a rainy night and foggy. But from reading the other reviews we are glad we did not get to stay. We noticed a lot of truckers staying at the hotel and one in front of us was told he had to pay extra for have a transfer and they advertised free parking for trucker. Horrible place. Horrible unfriendly staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Select Inn in Crossville.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sparta, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have never written a review however the whole experience in this hotel was worse than any other I have ever stayed in. Shoes stuck to the carpet. Smell was awful. We left the hotel with out bathing as the tub and sink were both clogged. When the water was turned on the tub instantly started filling with water. As it slowly drained hair (not ours) and other unidentifiable black stuff was left all over the bottom of the tub. As I tried to brush my teeth the same thing happened in the sink. We brushed our teeth using bottled water to rinse and washed with baby wipes I had brought with me. I have video of the tub filling instantly and not draining for a long time but it is too long to transfer. When I addressed this with the staff - showing them proof - they looked thru a maintenance log and agreed that if the rooms had been cleaned the staff would have noticed the issues. The front desk comment, "obviously the staff did not do a good job cleaning, did they?" REALLY?!! The ring around and grit in the tub should have been their and our first clue something was not right. No offer to switch rooms or give us our money back. DO NOT STAY - unless of course you like staying in filth and leaving feeling worse than when you got there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OSD, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Crossville, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I first would like to apologize for the condition of the room that you received the only thing that I think could have happened is that you were given a room that was not ready for our guests. This is a mistake that we made and I do apologize. We are in a process of going through some renovations and I have had some confusion with the rooms. This is no excuse and I do apologize. I have a 100% guaranteed policy. I wish that I was able to correct this why you are here. I am sure that she would be satisfied. I hope you will give us another try again I do apologize

Mila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Sink stopped up with unknown & couldn't wash it down or clean it up!! Floor out in front of sink & all along side of bed SOAKING wet with brown something!! Sheets were dirty however they did come & bring us clean sheets!! Smell was awful as you can only imagine. Toilet didn't flush, tub mildewed, & carpets where they weren't wet were filthy!! NEVER I REPEAT DON'T STAY THERE!! Price of room was jacked up from regular rate of 50.00/nite to 140.00 with tax 164.00!!

• Stayed August 2013
mansfield ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked through the internet for several days. Our room was very clean and just needs updating. We have to leave early and the staff in charged help us to get a refund from the third party reservation and we are very pleased with that. The hotel did not charged us anything for doing this and they were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Crossville? Share your experiences!