“Need more parking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Crossville
Jasper, Tennessee
“Need more parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first experience at this HIE, but not my first trip to Crossville. The room was nice, although I would have liked to have a refrigerator. When I returned to the hotel late in the evening, the only parking available was in the back parking lot at the bottom of a long hill. I did not feel safe as I climbed the hill to enter the hotel lobby; I am also not in physical condition to be going up and down such a hill. I travel to Crossville several times each year, but a stay at this hotel will be only as a last resort as I do not want to be forced to park that far away from the front entrance and also at the bottom of a hill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also for staying with us. I apologize that you had to park in the back parking lot. Our suites do have microwaves and mini frig in them, but you are right most people expect them in all rooms. I was sorry to hear you would only stay with us again as last resort. We hope to see you again.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my second stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Check-in was friendly and without a hitch. I had a problem changing channels on my tv and a nice maintenance man had things fixed within 20 minutes of my call to the front desk. The HD television has numerous HD channels. I found my room to be very comfortable and quiet. The mattress and light duvet were perfect. All in all, an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are always glad to hear we have met our guests expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here Sunday 9th June, the first night of our road trip on the way home after leaving Nashville. Arrived quite late in the rain, the check in guy was good and attentive and they still had cookies!! Room was OK a little dated - typical HIX standard. We did get bitten in the night. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was the presented in clean surroundings with helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your business and taking the time to write a review. We are always glad when we have met our guests expectations.
Knoxville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We where staying 1 night in Crossville to visit our custom truck being built at the Truck Shop by Jerry Brown. Chose this hotel because it was rated near the top in Crossville and was a few bucks cheaper than the others. I am a perfectionist and critical of restaurants and hotels. We stayed in one of their spacious, convenienent and CLEAN rooms that have 2 queens and a hide a bed with kitchenette. USA today, vending, exercise room, ice machine, jacuzzi and pool were all used by our family. The breakfast was perfect and and I tipped for the service of the breakfast and maid staff. We slept like a rock and the A/C about froze us out when we turned it down to 60 degrees by accident. Oh ya, 5 bottles of water and 5 cookies were sent with us up to our room. What a great touch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for all the nice comments regarding your stay with us. It is always good to know when we have met our guests expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Battle Creek, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Internet wouldn't work in my room-- too far from the hub tech support said. Room not cleaned the first day, had to go to lobby to get towels. Second day room was still not vacuumed. I wrote to the general manager and I am suppose to get a refund check of $50.00. I was staying in a suite, which in and of itself was very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our property. I apologize that we were not up to our usual standards. It is always our intention to take care of our guests. We did have a problem with the Wi-Fi during your stay. One of the access points went out and we had to replace it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

FIRST the gritty stuff:
There was nobody at the desk when we arrived. We called out and it seemed to us that when Jeff finally emerged to greet us that he'd rather play what appeared to be a video game behind a wall. He was brief in his diction indicating a lack of refinement that is harmful if this is a first impression. A hotel is made or broken on first impressions.

Secondly, when he again showed us the pool and hot tub area he denigrated himself even further by saying and this is a direct quite, "should I put up the curtains if you're going to fool around in there?" My wife was so insulted and I gave him a look that would have killed... if he was smart enough to understand that look. (I do not think he was.)

The hot tub was foamy... and didn't appear to have been cleaned in a while so we just wrote it off completely. (in all fairness, all was better a few days later, and we did choose to enjoy the services provided.)

Now the good stuff:
Everything else was AWESOME!!!!!

Nicole was our maid (forgive me if that is an antiquated term.) She did everything and made us feel like we were guests in her home. Call it attitude, or whatever, I've seen so many of her peers do so much less than she did to make us as comfortable as possible. Nichole is a STAND-OUT in service.

Another crown jewel is that sweet little lady that worked so hard to provide us all with a stunning breakfast each day. I failed to get her name, mostly because she never sat down to play a video game! She served everyone like we were all royalty. OH, was the coffee great too!

We'll definitely return to this place on our next visit to Crossville. I only hope that Jeff doesn't continue to show such disregard to those people that he should serve half as well as Nicole does.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I apologize for the slow acknowledgement at check in and the comments made. That is definitely unacceptable. Thank you for the nice comments regarding Nicole and the breakfast hostess. We realize you could have choose to stay elsewhere and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
New Market, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My stay of approximately 4 nights a week for over 2 months was a good experience. Each week I checked in, the Clerks were a great help and tried to accommodate my needs in every way. I only wish every room was equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. Great place to stay. Thanks to all at HIE in Crossville for all your kindness, clean rooms and great breakfast.

Room Tip: I personally like a room on the first floor, but every room I stayed in was good.