“Quiet and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Quiet and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed one night during a recent trip across Tennessee.

The rooms were clean and quiet. We never heard anyone else, not even a door slamming. The breakfast was sparse, but it was pretty standard for Holiday Inn Express. No surprises, just a nice clean pleasant stay.

There is a restaurant I think called the "Brass Lantern" just on the other side of the interstate attached to a winery which was a nice alternative to pizza or hamburgers.

Room Tip: I would suggest the top floor to avoid noise of feet walking around above you and as far from the el...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent the night here on the way to Nashville. We had reservations so check in was very fast and the clerk was very friendly. The room which was a king bed suite was very clean and comfortable. Great mattresses. The breakfast bar was not bad, various varieties of breakfast food included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, etc. The only complaints that we had was when you walked into the main lobby there was a smell of chlorine (also noticeable in the breakfast room) from the pool and while getting ready to take a shower the water handle fell off but we could still turn the water off and on. We would have given it a higher rating if it had not been for the chlorine smell.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the chlorine odor and the shower handle coming off. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I live nearby but when I have days of business in Crossville it's good to have a place to crash and recharge; this place is my favorite. It's clean quiet and close to a winery and an excellent restaurant, as well as some solidly good places to eat...

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Hank F
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for the nice comments about our hotel and taking the time to write a review. We are glad you chose to recharge at our hotel. Hope to see you again soon.
Oswego, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed for five nights, and our experience was entirely positive. Our room was spacious, with a sofa as well as a king-size bed. We found the bed to be very comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised to find that there was also a mini-kitchen, with a microwave oven, refrigerator, and sink. Everything was immaculate. The breakfast offerings were outstanding, with eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes, a selection of cold cereals, three kinds of juice, yogurt, hot cinnamon rolls, danish pastries, muffins, and good coffee. We found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating, and we appreciated the complimentary cookies that were available during the afternoon and evening. Definitely better than the typical Hampton Inn, and $20 a night less expensive than the Hampton Inn across the interstate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks, for staying with us and taking time to write a review. It is always nice to know we have met out guest expectations. We hope to see you again soon.
Archdale, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I stay in many hotels throughout any given year and I can say I do not usually take the time to write reviews. But in this case I feel their level of continued service deserves a comment. I can say without a doubt the staff in Crossville is one of the best I work with. They are all genuinely friendly, always making me feel comfortable during my visits. I have always felt welcome from the first step into the lobby. I have always been greeted with a smile and all my needs and concerns are always quickly taken care of. They anticipate my needs; the front desk always asks if I need a wakeup call. My schedule changes often, they have always taken care of my numerous last minute reservation changes. I am an early riser, I get up at 4:30 am and even though their continental breakfast does not start until 6:00 am they make sure to have a fresh pot of coffee waiting for me. I know in this day and time great customer service has become for many businesses simply a buzz word, but the Holiday Inn Express in Crossville, TN actually delivers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and all the nice comments about our staff and property. It's always good to know we have met our guests expectations. We hope to see you again real soon.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wife and I stayed a couple of weekends in the last two months. The rooms were clean with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was simple, which was good for us because we don't eat a lot. The front desk was very polite and pleasant to deal with. Jeff suggested a very good italian restaurant (Genesis) one exit down the interstate. The restaurant has no liquor license so bring your own wine. Hotel was quiet and peaceful. Any time I'm in Crossville I will try to stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Jack Lee Baggett Jr.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all the nice comments you made regarding our staff and property. We hope to see you again soon.

The Staff
Millbury, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed one night. King size bed mattress was so hard we kept waking up every hour. We were both exhausted and should have slept soundly. We took turns sleeping on the loveseat in our suite.
Breakfast bar was great--nice assortment and well maintained, All staff were very friendly & courteous,
Advice--check out the mattress in your room before you decide to stay, For the prices that were charged I would expect a comfortable bed!

Room Tip: Ask to check out mattress first
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize that the mattress was too hard for your comfort. We appreciate the nice comments regarding our staff. Hope to see you again in the near future.

The Staff