“Nice hotel, hated the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Macon, Georgia
“Nice hotel, hated the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was a really great hotel. It was super clean (which is very important). It had plenty of room which we needed since there were 3 women and a 3 year old. The room was quiet including the air conditioner. They had a really nice breakfast. We had searched for a room for a while, and we needed a stopover while we were shopping on the HWY 127 yard sale. On average price of the room runs about 90 we were charge 185 because of the high demand. Yikes! Well i reckon that is normal. At least the entire hotel was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our property. We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay (other than the price). We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Recently I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and my stay was great. The rooms were clean, the breakfast area was clean and the staff was great.

Keep up the good work Holiday Inn Express and just FYI, you should never let Michelle get away, this employee goes above and beyond to assist your quest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I appreciate the nice comments regarding our employees and hotel. It is always nice to know we have met our guests expectations. I'll be sure to pass along your comments regarding Michelle. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Middle Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed for one night will we were visiting Crossville with our granddaughters. The hotel was clean and well appointed, but not as nice as other Holiday Inn Express hotels. The bathroom was smaller than usual and the breakfast area was also smaller than usual. However the indoor pool was very nice and was enjoyed by our granddaughters. The breakfast was good and the breakfast service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments regarding our property. It's always nice to know we have met ours guests expectations. Hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We checked into this hotel, got to our room to discover it smelled like urine. An overpowering smell. We asked to change rooms and were told they booked full. But when we checked in we were offered this room or a queen suite. So I think they did not want to offer us the suite for the price of the other room. We packed up & left. It was a very gross place.

• Stayed July 2012
I do apologize that we did not meet you expectations. The air conditioner had leaked in that room and had been fixed. I was in the room earlier in the day but didn't notice a smell or would have left the room down. Thank you for your comments.
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights while playing in a golf tournament in nearby Fairfield Glade. This hotel met my expectations in that it was clean and reasonably quiet. The staff was readily available, friendly, and helpful. AND there were complimentary cookies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always nice to know we have met our guests expectations. Glad you liked the cookies. We hope to see you again soon.
Kirkwood, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are staying at this hotel as I am writing this review. We arrived at the hotel this afternoon around 3:30 this afternoon. We were told our room wasn't ready and we would have to wait. There was already one couple waiting for their room. We waited almost 45 minutes until our room was ready. The desk clerk never once apologized for the inconvenience. We rolled with the punches and thought it happens. After checking into our room my wife got a glass of water out of the faucet and the water was bad tasting. I went to the vending machine on our floor to get a bottled water and it was sold out. I went to the other vending machine on the other floor and it was also sold out. I went to the front desk to see if I could get a complimentary bottle of water since the vending machines were out. When I went to the front desk the desk clerk was sitting in the breakfast serving area eating pizza with a friend. I asked him if I could get a bottle of water. He asked me if I was a priority club member. At the time I wasn't aware that we are club members so I responded no. He said I would have to run to the gas station down the road to get water. He never got up from his pizza. I told him don't worry about it and to just sit there and finish his pizza. He never apologized or sympathized and acted like "hey, it's not my problem and I could careless about a customer". He could not give me a 50 cent bottle of water. The hotel was newer and clean. It was close to the hi way. We will not stay here again because of the jerk on the front desk the night of June 24th.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our property. I do apologize for the rude treatment you recieved as that is not acceptable. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again if in our area.
Indiana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here three nights recently while playing golf in the area. We choose this hotel because we've had excellent stays at Holiday Inn Expresses in other areas (good value for the money) in recent years. This one was solid but not as quite as good as the other ones we've stayed in. Staff were excellent, but the hotel looked a little worn down, especially our room. A few small holes in the bathroom wall that were never repaired, starting to look a little dated in general, etc. At breakfast (which we did at different times each morning) we had to wait for or ask for certain things (bananas, oatmeal, etc.) that at other times the staff member seemed to be keeping up with. Generally all of these things are minor since the staff were very courteous and everything very clean, but it made the experience more like a 3.5 here instead of a 4.5 at other Holiday Inn Expresses.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1975red04, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your stay. We appreciate knowing how our guests precieve us, and are always trying to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Thanks again,
The Managemnt

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!