“Cookies and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Cookies and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights while playing in a golf tournament in nearby Fairfield Glade. This hotel met my expectations in that it was clean and reasonably quiet. The staff was readily available, friendly, and helpful. AND there were complimentary cookies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1975red04, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always nice to know we have met our guests expectations. Glad you liked the cookies. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kirkwood, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are staying at this hotel as I am writing this review. We arrived at the hotel this afternoon around 3:30 this afternoon. We were told our room wasn't ready and we would have to wait. There was already one couple waiting for their room. We waited almost 45 minutes until our room was ready. The desk clerk never once apologized for the inconvenience. We rolled with the punches and thought it happens. After checking into our room my wife got a glass of water out of the faucet and the water was bad tasting. I went to the vending machine on our floor to get a bottled water and it was sold out. I went to the other vending machine on the other floor and it was also sold out. I went to the front desk to see if I could get a complimentary bottle of water since the vending machines were out. When I went to the front desk the desk clerk was sitting in the breakfast serving area eating pizza with a friend. I asked him if I could get a bottle of water. He asked me if I was a priority club member. At the time I wasn't aware that we are club members so I responded no. He said I would have to run to the gas station down the road to get water. He never got up from his pizza. I told him don't worry about it and to just sit there and finish his pizza. He never apologized or sympathized and acted like "hey, it's not my problem and I could careless about a customer". He could not give me a 50 cent bottle of water. The hotel was newer and clean. It was close to the hi way. We will not stay here again because of the jerk on the front desk the night of June 24th.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our property. I do apologize for the rude treatment you recieved as that is not acceptable. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again if in our area.
Indiana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here three nights recently while playing golf in the area. We choose this hotel because we've had excellent stays at Holiday Inn Expresses in other areas (good value for the money) in recent years. This one was solid but not as quite as good as the other ones we've stayed in. Staff were excellent, but the hotel looked a little worn down, especially our room. A few small holes in the bathroom wall that were never repaired, starting to look a little dated in general, etc. At breakfast (which we did at different times each morning) we had to wait for or ask for certain things (bananas, oatmeal, etc.) that at other times the staff member seemed to be keeping up with. Generally all of these things are minor since the staff were very courteous and everything very clean, but it made the experience more like a 3.5 here instead of a 4.5 at other Holiday Inn Expresses.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1975red04, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your stay. We appreciate knowing how our guests precieve us, and are always trying to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Thanks again,
The Managemnt
south range
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed there Three nights March 28 -March 30 .I looked on line before booking my stay and read the reviews. This hotel is very clean and quiet . I will stay there again when visiting my daughter. The staff is great and the breakfast is good . They a have nice pool

Room Tip: there is a McDonalds next door and gas station righ across the street
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1975red04, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. It's always nice to know we have met our guests expectations. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling up the cumberland plateau him we ran into an unexpected snow storm. after driving in some tricky conditions, we pulled off the interstate and were so fortunate to have this hotel here. the lady at the front desk, despite working by herself and having a line of panicky, haggard travelers lined up to the door performed gracefully and wonderfully.

• Stayed January 2012
1975red04, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and comments regarding our guest service repersenative. It is always nice to know we have met our guests expectations.
charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We just spent 2 nights in this lovely hotel. The room was very comfortable and clean. But most of all the service, particularly the morning breakfast ladies, was beyond great! I work for a 4 diamond hotel and I would hire those ladies in a minute! One of them overheard my husband say that he wondered if there were any newspapers to read and low and behold the breakfast attendant came to our table with one! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1975red04, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review. It's always good to know we have met our guests expectations. We hope to see you again soon.
Drummonds, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This hotel met ALL of my expectations. A very good value - clean and with all necessary amenities. Staff very friendly. Bed comfortable and room clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1975red04, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our property. It's nice to know we met your expectations.

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!