“A Christmas Tradition” 5 of 5 stars

Smyrna, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
“A Christmas Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Bellevue Baptist Church Singing Christmas Tree. This year's performance was as usual.. Awesome. My grandaughter and I have been a number of times...it has become a tradition for us. We live 4 hours from CordovaTN, (Cordova is just east of Memphis) and it is well worth the drive. It may be too late for the 2013 performance, but it will be back next year! It has been around for 38 years and is seen by 30,000 people each year. This is performed by members of the church, and what a talented group they are! There are no words....you just have to see it. The tickets are very very reasonable. This just puts you in the Christmas Spirit. No, it doesn't make you want to got shopping for gifts. It makes you think about others this time of year and to be thankful for what we have. Tickets go on sale early in October. Tickets range from $3 to $18

Visited December 2013

Douglasville, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing Worship Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband is working in Memphis and I was able to fly out for a visit. He's been attending Bellevue Baptist Church for the month that he's been here. He kept telling me how awesome it is. We both attended this morning and it was all he had said it was and more! The Choir and orchestra led the congregation is such Spirit Filled Worship! Brother Steve truly brought God's word to us. So much to think about and put into practice! Afterwards, my husband and I went to the Guest Central where we were greeted so kindly! Then we met the Pastor, were able to chat with him and then he prayed for us! What a special touch of love was shown to us as we visited this amazing church! Our only wish is that we lived closer so that we could attend every week. If you don't have a church home, this is the one to check out! JESUS is preached here!

Visited October 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“Best Church Anywhere-EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Bellevue is a wonderful place to worship--the best place I've ever attended. The campus is lovely & so scenic. Great place for photos too. Gorgeous! I have been a member there for over 20 years. It is a diverse congregation today with a truly splendid Pastor. It's warm & friendly, despite the large size that I understand may be intimidating if you've never attended services there. The people here that have written critical reviews have obviously never been. I urge you to come worship with us anytime. You are always welcome!! The 11:00 service on Sunday is casual/contemporary. There's so much to do for everyone from babies to seniors & always an activity planned at Bellevue. The Church is active in the community at large & is truly a church for all. The music and holiday programs, Singing Christmas Tree & July 4th are always incredible. Well worth the drive from anywhere. At Bellevue we strive to "Love God, Love People, Share Jesus and Make Disciples." Please come (or come back) and give us a try. It's all about Jesus & the inerrant word of God.

Visited March 2013
Hickory Withe, Tennessee, United States
4 attraction reviews
“WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORSHIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Give you two service options on Sunday.....One if you still enjoy traditional with Choir and standard hymns, then a second service at 11:00 for the younger, more progressive church goers. Both feature Brother Steve Gaines at the pulpit. His sermons are awesome and should not be missed, no matter what type of music uplifts your spirit.

Visited March 2013
Brownsville, Tennessee, United States
22 attraction reviews
“Serves the community”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This church really goes out of its way to say, "Memphis, I love you." Having visited many of the church's public offerings at Easter, July 4, and Christmas I am continually amazed to see just how magnificent the staff can put on a soul catching performance.

Visited December 2012