“Nice safe place to stay in Cordova, Tn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cordova
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
“Nice safe place to stay in Cordova, Tn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The staff is what stands out for me, at this property. Check - in was a blast with their friendly front desk staff. Very welcomed to see a nice friendly face at the end of the day, especially while checking into the hotel.
There is a loud side,because of the highway traffic, and a quiet side. If noise doesn't bother your sleep, then this part of the review won't matter. If it does,,then get a room on the Costco side.
There are a couple of places to eat really close, and once you know where exactly they are located,, then it's a nice location.
Your nav system will have you doing weird things to find it. Do not listen to the stupid bot, except to get you to the correct exit.
Once you are on the main road, and off the interstate, look for the Costco. It is located behind it. There are LOTS of signs to get you in there, if you do not listen to your nav system.
Price is reasonable, and place is clean.
There is a Microtel that is a sister property, in the same parking lot. Which ever fits your budget.

Room Tip: Be mindful of where the interstate traffic is flowing, or traffic in general. Usually, there are big...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Car31525, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to hear how wonderful our staff is doing. we work hard on training our staff to help meet and exceed our customer expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Thank you again for your Comments.

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I Love this Hotel. I have stayed here many times. The staff is friendly, the internet is super fast and the location is convenient to Wolfchase Galleria Mall. Rooms are clean and quiet. I would give this hotel 5 stars except for one issue....the breakfast. The sausage they serve for breakfast is the worst I have tasted in a hotel.
It is obviously vegetarian and it tastes horrible. The rest of the breakfast is not quite up to the standards of typical Comfort Suites. Still overall a great place to stay, just pick up your breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Easy in and out, just behind Costco off I-40. Nice welcome from staff. Room was very nice size. Sofa was filthy but all else was nice. Poor attempts at hiding wiring. Carpet looked new. Small pool with strong chlorine odor. Huge floodlight just below our window..facing window! Usual Comfort breakfast - nicely kept. Best Feature: USAToday, not WSJ, delivered to room!

• Stayed October 2012
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I;ve stayed Comfort Inn suites on this trip, and most get 4 stars. This one did not. It was clean and quiet, which is important. But there were small issues.

Location: It's in the back of a shopping center and hard to find. Adimttedly, the cleark warned us and gave us directions. And there were good signs.

Elevator was slow.

Ice is only available on the ground floor.

It's a bit old.

There's only one guest washer and dryer.

The front door was not automatic. Want to wheel luggage or a card through a door that you have to hold open by hand?

No Ethernet port. But Wi-Fi as usual. Okay exercise room.

Our room was a real suite with a door, but no A/C in the outer room. And the single switch in the bathroon controlled both the light and the fan. It took us an hour to realize that the bathroom fan was sucking out the A/C, making the room hot.

Nothing fatal here, but enough to downgrade the place. I wouldn't want to say here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Romance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This location is on Germantown Pkwy. just about a mile from the Wolfchase Galleria and close to lots of good eating places like Joe's Crab Shack and Red Robin. There is a Kohl's almost within sight. It's behind Cosco and a quite friendly place with an excellent breakfast in the mornings. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here some time back, but after seeing some of the other reviews, thought I would share my experience.

Check in was fine, we were upgraded to a larger room. Room seemed clean, very odd configuration, two separate rooms with a bathroom in between. The air conditioner smelled like mildew and screens were really dirty. Shower curtain dirty and smelly. Toilet seat was so loose, nearly slipped to floor. Lack of towels, only two in the large room.

My husband asked the front desk clerk for some extra towels, and a clean shower curtain. He was questioned why we needed extra towels. Said she didn't have any and would have to go to another room and get what we needed. Seemed really put out. Apparently, hotel manager does not give anything extra to front desk to accommodate guests.

We asked for late 2pm check out, at 11:11 am a housekeeper walked into my room without knocking. I guess she missed the Do Not Disturb sign taped on the door! I was a bit startled and half dressed, she spoke no english and I told her to get out of my room.

After this, my husband went down to complain about this housekeeper walking in our room and the manager told him we had been a problem since checking in, asking for extra towels, late check out and now a maid coming in our room. Her exact quote was "you are looking for a free night".

We couldn't believe it, what a joke. After he had some words with this manager/owner, Ragi, he came upstairs. We packed up, angry at how we were being treated and started to load our car. She must have realized she overreacted because while we were loading up, she offered my husband 1/2 off another night's stay.

Can you say too little, too late? I was finished with this hotel, already packed and we were out of there. Reported her bad behavoir to Choice Hotels after we left.

Horrible Manager/Owner, doesn't care about how her staff treats customer and she thinks all her guests are out to get something for free! Don't waste your time staying here.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time, keep driving!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Was very disappointed in this hotel. We stayed there one night for a funeral and it took me 20 minutes with the front desk clerk to to convince her that $85/night plus tax did not add up to $184.00. She didn't have a clue what the total should have been and didn't care! Everyone waiting to check in was amazed at her attitude (and stupidity) and the couple waiting behind me was smart enough to go somewhere else. I would have left also but I was staying with a group. We all agreed that it was the worst Comfort Suites ever! I left a wake up call...didn't get it. I tried to do some laundry but there wasn't any soap to purchase. Again front desk said "come back later, we might have some." I killed two roaches in our room. The closet door was broken and the toilet ran constantly. The hotel needs updating badly. The carpet and sofa are very dirty. There are many restaurants in the area that are convenient and many other places to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
watchful83, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
The lady had two nights reservation and that is why the rate was $185 plus tax. We are sorry about any attitude she might have had but we train our staff to be courteous as Hospitality is our business. The gruop she was with had a great time and any complaints brought to our attention would have been handled efficiently and right away.
We thank you for staying with us.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!