“A Good Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Sylvania, Ohio
“A Good Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I would recommend this hotel if you what a nice place to stay near Memphis. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was good, and the pool is nice. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is my third time staying at Quality Suites. I have enjoyed it each time. As far as I am concerned it is an excellent place to stay. It is conveniently located at a very fair price. The staff are very friendly and service oriented.

Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel for the past five or more years. It was good before but is now excellent with almost all the rooms remodeled. Management is very helpful and always available to take care any needs or fixes in rooms. Excellent breakfast and convenient meeting room. Very near freeway and wide variety of good restaurants within walking distance. Mile from a major mall.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been a business traveler for a long time, and I've found the staff here to be the most responsive to their guests of any in this price range. If you don't see it, just ask and they jump to respond. Very good value for the money. Convenient to shopping, lots of restaurants, and just off I-40. Worth a repeat visit and I hope I get to come back.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for several years, Have always had good, courteous, service and a very clean room. They have just remodeled this hotel and it just keeps getting better. I would highly recommend this hotel to the business traveler. It is just outside of Memphis TN on the east side. Have never had any problems with any of my stays here over the years. I will continue to return here whenever business brings me this way. The complementary breakfast Is always good.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 22 times in the past 25 trips to Memphis out of the last 9 months. It only
took a few stays at other locations to find out that everything I needed was only a short distance
from the hotel. I have only had one time that the TV was not working properly and was quickly
move to another room. The staff has always given me extra towels and coffee on request. I would
even recomend this location to my brother-in-law, as long as I was not staying at the same time.

Room Tip: In winter stay in an odd # room, summer, even # room. You will not have to listen to the air conditi...
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel received mixed reviews but, having had some mixed reviews lead me astray in the past, I decided to give them a try anyway. I am very glad to have done so. Check in was a bit slow because we arrived early and there was a late check out in the room we had been assigned. A large group had just checked in making another room unavailable. Once checked in, however, everything went very well.

The staff was accomodating and friendly. The indoor pool was a good temperature and clean (the greenish hue referenced in other reviews is nothing other than the natural color reflection of the pool itself and the roof in the indoor pool area). The room was HUGE with a fridge, microwave and coffee pot, vanity sink as well as wet bar sink. There was a big flat screen in the sitting area and an older CRT in the bedroom area. The A/C was extrememly cold when turned down and easy to keep at a comfortable temperature. Everything was clean and the room service staff was quite friendly.

There was a little hickup at breakfast on our last day which was a Monday. No one told us that there was a time difference on service hours between the weekend and weekdays so we did not know that breakfast ended at 9:00 am that day. We got there around 5 after and there was little left. I asked the front desk person if the'd be putting more out and he explained the time issue to me but he also offered to get something ready for us since we did not know. He went into the preparation room himself and put out some eggs, sausage and biscuits for us. This was the usual breakfast fare, along with gravy, waffles and the usual breads, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, and fruit. The food was the microwave or precooked variety but it was kept warm and fairly tasty. If it is a fresh-made omelette breakfast you are looking for then you'd do better paying twice as much and staying at the Embassy Suites.

The rates, at less than $90 per night were very good for the entire Memphis area and this particular location was in a good neighborhood with several restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We did, in fact, walk to Shogun for dinner during our stay. There is also a huge mall and just about any kind of restaurant you could think of within 2 miles. I would stay here again and again.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is currently being renovated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!