“This is a neat hill top hide away for weary traveler.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Deluxe Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Pasadena, California
“This is a neat hill top hide away for weary traveler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My wife found this motel some years ago. Since then every time I travel I-40 through Tennessee, I aim to stop at Alpine Lodge & Suites. The rooms are modern. It has of the ammenities of a large chain, but is run by the same owners for over 30 years. It has a pool too. A continental type breakfast is served each morning. There are many popular restaurants in Cookeville a short distance away. The staff is always helpful with dining suggestions and directions as well as travel directions, distances, and times. Enjoy the stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Plainfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Beautiful view from the front. Pictures online & discription of the rooms/grounds was not accurate at all. No resturant next door. It had been long closed down. Pool was dirty looking. Nothing up front in newer addition for handicapped. Refridgerator did not get cold. First room stunk so bad of mildew we complained & was given a room right next door. It didn't seem to stink right away until the air was turned on. We left & went to eat dinner, upon returning you could smell the same ordor as the previous room. Upon going to the desk & complaining, I asked to be put into the newer section if they were not going to give me my money back. I was told they had no handicapped rooms in the newer addition. She basically laughed at me when I told her the room stunk!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
alpine21, Owner at Alpine Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
I would like to thank the guest for the compliment on our beautiful view. My parents are from Austria & Switzerland and chose this hotel, largely, for the incredible view. I don't understand what the guest means when saying the pictures on our website are not accurate. They are pictures of our hotel that were taken at our hotel. They were not modified in any way. What's inaccurate? Our pool has been immaculate every single day this year, and we have our last health inspection report hanging in our lobby to prove it. That inspection was done on July 20, 2010 by a professional inspector working for the health department. These inspections are public knowledge and are also available online. If anyone has doubts about my integrity, I encourage you to visit the health department's website and view our scores. Also, the guest that wrote the previous review stayed here the same day as this guest and wrote how nice the pool was. With all do respect, I have to say this guest was confused about her stay. She states, "I asked to be put into the newer section if they were not going to give me my money back. I was told they had no handicapped rooms in the newer addition." This lady had a reservation for a handicapped suite in our new addition, and that is where we put her. So her comment doesn't make sense. She also claims that someone basically laughed at her. We have cameras, with audio, in our lobby and I located this interaction. No one laughed at her, and no one said what she claims was said about not having handicapped rooms in the newer section. We do not have a handicapped room facing the mountains, and I think that is something she misunderstood. We do, however, have handicapped rooms in all three of our buildings.
Cowan, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I came here because of the reviews that were on trip advisor. They were all positive reviews. When we pulled up, I thought maybe the reviews were correct, because the landscaping is pretty. But do not let that fool you. Besides the landscaping and the pool that is all that is nice. The rooms are stinky and we had to be moved to a different room two times. The blankets had blood on it and their excuse was that the previous person who stayed in the room had gotten some tattoos. This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever been in. DO NOT STAY HERE. RUN AWAY...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
We would like to thank this guest for the compliments to our pool & landscaping. We work very hard to keep our property looking beautiful. We also worked very hard to please this guest. And now I am confused, because, upon check-out, this guest seemed happy. The guest complained about a "smell" in their original room so we showed them to another. We made certain they were satisfied with the aroma of that room, and they said they were. Later, they called the front desk concerning stains on their blanket. Our head housekeeper went up and saw the blanket was clean but had ink spots stained on it. She immediately exchanged all the bedding and remade the bed to the guest's satisfaction. At 9 pm, the other owner went to close the pool for the night. She saw these same guests were still in the pool. Due to their earlier inconveniences, the owner left the pool open another hour just for them. The next morning at breakfast the owner asked them if everything was okay. They responded that it was, and they then stayed another night.
Marion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Very friendly staff and clean accomodations. Nice pool and view from hotel. Delicious continental breakfast each morning with homemade waffles. I would definately recommend this hotel and look forward to being able to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

After a long day of traveling and having to leave a Days Inn for its horribe filth an hour prior, i arrived at the alpine lodge. The woman greeting us was very welcoming anf comforting. We paid for are room for the night which was at a great price and cheaper then the Days Inn. Once we arrived at the room, my partner and I both could of cried. The room was very nice and comforting, clean, big, and a PRIVATE BALCONY ! There was a great breakfast in the morning too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bon Aqua, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had three teenagers with us which worked out great for the price. The pool and the free breakfast with waffles helped our cost on food. Will stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Montrose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

We were greeted by friendly people. Our room, with a vista of the hills of Tennessee was clean and well appointed. The bed was the best we slept on during our vacation. The shower was good. And, the next morning, one of the staff prepared our waffle for us. This room cost less than any other room on our trip. If we ever get to this area of the U.S. again we will stay here

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!