“Couldn't get laptop online.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Deluxe Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Dallas, TX
“Couldn't get laptop online.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

This was a very clean, older motel set on a hill, with an uphill climb from the parking lot (it has a wheelchair ramp, but it's still uphill). Typical cereal/pastry/juice breakfast. My only complaint is that the DSL in my room didn’t ever work, and I really needed to get online. The manager came to my room and also tried, unsuccessfully (computer problem), but no other DSL hookup location was offered as a substitute.

• Liked — Clean.
  • Disliked — Lack of internet access.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

For $20 more you can get a good nights sleep at a much better hotel! Rooms are not clean at all, the beds are like sleeping of bricks and hotel staff including the hotel manager are rude! Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else!

Stayed September 2007
Tennessee Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

Would I stay again at Alpine Lodge & Suites in Cookeville, Tennessee? Yes! Room cleanliness is superb. Staff is delightful. Those two reasons are enough to lure me back for another stay. Alpine Lodge & Suites staff apologized for the mess created in front of the building where doors are being replaced and/or upgraded. However, this construction shows that the owners/managers take pride in their business. Construction is moving along smoothly and probably will not be a major problem for the guests.

The Apline sits atop a good-sized hill and offers outdoor picturesque views in every direction. It is a joy to the photographer. Location next door to Interstate-40 is also a bonus and gives easy access to the hotel and to town. Alpine Lodge & Suites location offers a quiet place to rest peacefully after a busy day. Would I again stay at this hotel? Of course, I would. How about you giving it a try, too?

• Liked — I appreciated room cleanliness and the delightful hotel staff.
  • Disliked — Parking lot lighting was a bit scarce.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

I stay at the Alpine lodge in Cookeville at least 5 times a year , all I have to do is tell them when Im coming and they have my regular room ready for me . It is clean , the staff is friendly although it can be busy certain times of the year and then the staff has there work cut out for them . If people would treat things as they would there own there would be no problem .
The price is very reasonable and pets are welcome which is a plus . the view is great and it is an easy drive to all attractions .
even Walmart ( s) . I don't understand what strawberry cake or weddings have to do with this hotel as one other reviewer had to include in her essay ..
I would recomend this property to anyone who is looking for clean rooms at a good price

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

We had 2 rooms over New Years Eve. Check-in was painless, Martina was a sweetie! Property was clean, clean, clean, inside and out! No complaints at all, would stay again in a heatbeat! Thanks to the great staff!

Stayed December 2006
DETROIT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

Came to Cookeville for a Family reunion, and I was very diappointed by the service at Alpine Lodge. Though I had a Non Smoking room, The entire Hotel and Hallways are like walking through an Ashtray. Right across from My Non Smoking room, was an Ashtray on the wall, and there were two chairs in a small alcove that looked over the Pool and several People would sit there on an off through the day and night, smoking and talking on their cellphones. Our room was not cleaned very well, they didn't leave enough towels, never dusted, and the coffee pot was not cleaned each day. I always pick up before HouseKeeping comes to the room, and I am not a slob and I always leave a tip. By the 3rd night, I didn't leave a tip at all. The garbage cans in the hotel at the side entrances were over flowing and Guests just started piling beer bottles and garbage on top and on the sides of the Can and it sat there all weekend. The Police were there 2 nights while we were there. Sunday night they knocked on our door looking for a Runaway 15 year old Girl, and I felt really terrible about that, The Father was very upset, and I can understand that. However the night before they were there going from Door to Door trying to Locate the Mother of a 2 year old that was wandering around, and this was at 9 p.m. This a Hotel that the Locals use to Party at. And quite a few Migrant workers live there. There is a Good Mexican Restaurant in front of the Hotel, and we ate there alot. If Your looking for a Cheap place to stay, this would be your place, however, if You want something above Below-Average, Go into the main street in Cookeville. One the Goodside, Our Reunion was Great we had a good turn out, and the entire town of Cookeville were very nice to Us, even the Police that Knocked on our Door ( and came in the room) were very Nice. All the Restaurants and Stores we used, The Employee's were wonderful and went out of their way to help us. Especially Walmarts, it's 24 hours and everyone there was so nice to us. My Cousin decided to get married at the Reunion, and Walmarts, The Florist, Food stores went out of their way to accomadate us. Walmarts made us a Last Minute Wedding Cake, and it was Beautiful, and Delicious. White Cake Strawberry filling, with buttercream Frosting, and it was a Huge Hit. I am personally going to send Walmarts a Thank You card. Cookeville is Lovely, I highly recommend a Visit there.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the second week in August. Anyways, we checked in on Friday, planning to stay for three days. We would of until I seen that the pool was green! When you stuck your finger in it, your hands were slimy. My husband immediately complained. He was told by the staff that the pool conditions were o.k. to swim in. As a health care worker, I know that these conditions are not safe. They wouldn't refund our money for that nights stay even though we weren't in the room. I will never stay here again nor would I never recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Alpine Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!