“Older, needs some repair but still nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   970 South Jefferson Avenue, Cookeville, TN 38501 (Formerly Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Gallatin, Tennessee
“Older, needs some repair but still nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Pool area is great for kids. They will enjoy the slide. Hotel has workout area and restaurant. No free breakfast is included with this hotel. They offer a breakfast buffet for around $5. Not bad. They have bacon, sausage, cereal, eggs, waffles, juice, etc.

Has a business center with one computer. Has workout room.

My room was clean and in good shape except the door and drapes. I included pictures of these. Not very attractive, but not a deal breaker.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
My staff and I thank you for your comments and we have taken you critisims positively with the aim of improvement. We thank you for your stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Love the indoor pool. The sports bar was very entertaining and the best wings I've had in a while. Melissa our bartender took very good care of us I would definitely recommend staying here if your passing through or even if I was a local I believe I would make an excuse to stop by and visit the pool.

• Stayed February 2013
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I thank you for your review. Melissa and the Bar staff strive to please, it is kind of you to bring that recognition, we thank you. Ms Peaches has received several compliments on her southern cooking and of course her wings which we are being told exceeds the flavor of our competition.
Thanks for your review, we look forward to serving you soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The breakfast buffet was one of the best that I've ever encountered. Food was well prepared and maintained during breakfast hours right to the end of the serving time. A large selection with some variance from day to day. Excellent coffee that a huge group of drivers in training were raving about at the next table.

However, stray hairs on pillow not either of our length or color, hair in tub. Carpet was not vacuumed during our three day stay. Room was cramped with new furniture not designed for the ancient room. Window treatments were only sheers. Room could be clearly seen from parking lot and vice versa. We were on display. Plugs did not work by the bedside so no alarm clock or ability to charge phone on bedside table.

The first day of our stay our keycards were cancelled while we were out for the day, requiring us to walk to the lobby for new ones. Clerk claimed that it was from contact with credit cards although mine was never in contact with any of my cards, kept in a thick separate pocket apart from cards for that reason. Staff was pleasant but tentative and confused. The breakfast attendant for the first two days never spoke to me or even made eye contact.

I will not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I thank you for you review it is appreciated and I apoligize for any inconvenience you experienced. I have addressed the housekeeping issues you mentioned. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Rooms were newly refurbished and wonderful. Breakfast buffet was terrific with hot items including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles and more.

Great atrium with indoor/outdoor pool and Half-Time sports bar was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We (my staff and I) thank you for your review, come and see us again soon, and remember the World Karaoke Championship competition starts Thursday, February 28th 2013 and continues for 10 consecutive Thursdays, great prizes to be won including a chance to represent the USA in Finland. See you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

From morning to night service was excellent!!! Rooms are spacious and comfortable!! I'm looking forward to revisiting in the very near future!!!!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!! The Half Time Bar offers a great happy hour!!!!

Room Tip: Outstanding staff!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Gregg, my staff and I thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.The Clarion Inn in Cookeville is now your home away from home.
West Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Brandy was GREAT on the phone the day before check in and at check in. She was more patient and accommodating than others. Halftime Bar had Chastity (aka Sarah) & Melissa who were both GREAT and Ms. Peaches Wings UUUUMMMMM Good. I am not a bar person but I went 3 nights in a row. I will stay again for my next trip to Cookeville. Even with a few glitches in first room, I was moved and very happy with my stay.Cleaning staff were great as well.

Room Tip: room 139 tub does not drain
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for your review. My staff and I strive to make your stay with us pleasurable. We are appreciative that you took the time to write this review. Brandy,Chasity, Melissa, Ms.Peaches and the housekeeping staff are beaming with pride for your recognition. Thank you. We welcome all visitors to our Hotel and remember World Karaoke Championships start Feb 21. 2013 at the Half Time Sports Bar....Ms. peaches will be there to make those mouth watering "wings" See you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! The stay was great... But what truly got me was the people that worked there treated me like they've been knowing me all my life, and i think i stayed more in the lobby and the sports bar and restaurant than i didnt in my room. GM is a very great guy OMG u have to try Ms Peach's wings. She's the cook, and also the breakfast is like a home cooked meal. It was like 28 degrees outside, but i enjoyed myself in the indoor pool.. EVERYONE WHO READS THIS U HAVE TO TRY THEM!!! Can wait to see my New Family again... Gerald

• Stayed January 2013
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, bring the gang our Karaoke contest starts this month and it is the biggest ever, we are part of the World Karaoke Championships with the Grand Finals in FINLAND.
My staff and I look forward to serving you once again and Ms.Peaches is always ready and willing to express that Southern Hospitality and cooking. See you soon.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!