“AM” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   970 South Jefferson Avenue, Cookeville, TN 38501 (Formerly Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Waynesville, Ohio
“AM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were in town because my sister was in the hospital in ICU. The service was great. Brandy was at the main desk and she restores my faith in how good service can be. She was very friendly. She treated my wife and I as family. She has a wonderful personality and should advance in this hotel. Kim was also great in the restaurant. She too has a wonderful way with people. She went beyond normal service in not only treating us well, but treating us with kindness and concern. The room was very good and one can see that the owners are trying hard to improve the hotel and the service. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Thanks to all that work hard every day at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

While the property is older, the staff (Brandy) was very helpful and friendly!!!! Went out of her way to make me welcome! I would for sure stay here again. Indoor /outdoor pool area with slide for the kids,big or small......business center. Fitness room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Emmett, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Late night check in for a family wedding, Nathan did not really know what was going on he did not give me the appropriate tickets even after he asked if I was with the wedding party. So, I didn't find out that breakfast stopped serving at 9am. Was not in executive section so I had to shlep a baggage for three kids and wife (infant included with pack and play). After unloading some of our stuff we realized that the air conditioning was not working. So, back down to the front desk. Nathan moved us with minimal apologies no discount.

Service in the restaurant for breakfast from Kim and Micheal was great. However it is not open late enough closing at 9am.

The pool needed maintenance (foggy windows and corroded aluminum window frames), but the slide was awesome for the kids and they loved ti. I would recommend visiting this place for the pool alone for anyone who has children.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel service was great. The restaurant service was great. Our server, Kim, did a great job. If I come back to town on business or with the family, I will stay here again. The property was very kept up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion in Cookeville, late July. My husband and I are senior citizens and found this hotel through our Choice Hotel book. It is very accessible from the interstate. It is an older hotel that has been updated somewhat, we found our room to be clean and the bed was very comfortable. It has two pools which were being enjoyed by some guests. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate our supper in the sports bar attached to the hotel. The menu was limited but the food was very good and the portions were large. It had a full breakfast for $10 which we did not eat. Instead we went to the Dunkin Donuts next door. Our breakfast probably cost as much as the hotel breakfast, so it would be a toss up as where to eat. We enjoyed our stay there and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colleyville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Clarion Inn in Cookevillle. Driving up to the property, my first impression was that it was going to turn out to be one of those numerous crappy roadside motels that dot the interstate, but I was shocked to walk into the lobby and see that the interior was quite nice.

Our room was clean, looked like it had been recently refurbished, and had a nice array of amenities. There was even a new flatscreen tv.

There was a lovely indoor/outdoor pool featuring a waterslide/play structure that was a big hit with my children. Nearby was an arcade area featuring a variety of games and entertainment.

We did not try the restaurant at the property because there were so many great roadside restaurants (fast food, Cracker Barrel, Dunkin Donuts, etc) nearby.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I did observe a couple of downsides to the property (mold on the ceiling above the shower and the fact that our door would not shut completely unless you physically pushed it shut), but those issues could have been specific to our room. Overall, the property seemed very well maintained.

I was very impressed with this Clarion. It is a very good option for families who are travelling in the Cookeville area.

Room Tip: This property has interior and exterior rooms. I cannot speak to the quality of the exterior rooms...
jonesboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

while planning my families trip to florida to visit family i started off using tripadvisor and looking at all the reviews for the hotels we would be staying at through out our trip while the clarion had some good and bad reviews i noticed that the old reviews seemed a lil old and maybe they have upgraded the hotel since then.And plus the fact my kids was so amazed there was a slide and arcade room we had to stay, so we booked a room, upon arrival the gentleman who checked us in i believe his name was cody was very helpful. the front lobby area was very welcoming with a friendly breakfast crew and staff as well, rooms was nice and clean with a comfortable bed,kids loved the pool area and arcade play place for kids. im glad i didnt pay attention to the reviews on here it was a great stay with a nice friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!