You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling on business from Gaitlinburg to Nashville. The check in was fine and quick, however the clerk did not confirm my room (I booked a king) and gave me keys to a double. I realized this once in the room and didn't have the energy to go downstairs again and change rooms. Another negative is that my room faced a truck gas station. So unless I wanted to see the flashing gas price sign or feel like the truckers can look into my room I had closed the curtains the entire time. Just not very pleased.

• Stayed July 2013
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We welcome your comments, sometimes no matter how hard we try a room type has to be changed due to another guest staying over when they was due out. We are sorry that your room type had to be changed. We do hope you will give us another try an maybe call the hotel direct an request a room away from the Pilot Station next door.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Talbott, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a very nice and convenient stop right off the interstate. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The rooms were large and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast was great! Hot items were offered and the coffee was really good. I was in Cookeville for two nights for a wedding and this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments, The Staff an I strive to give a great stay experience. We hope you can return an allow us to give that great service that guest love.
Riverside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Arrived late without a reservation, I am a Priority Club member, but I saw other guests getting treated with same prompt, courteous service that I received.  Property was clean and maintained very well.  As I mentioned I arrived late and left early so I didn't take advantage of a lot of the amenities, but didn't hear anyone complaining.  Property is located just off the highway, with easy access.  A wide variety of restaurants and shopping is available in the immediate area.  A big "recommend" if you are in the area.

Room Tip: No tips needed here, it's all good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for you review, we always strive to give a great stay that guest love, an we are proud you found it that way on your stay.
dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here instead of Laquinta which is where I usually stay. It appears to be a nice hotel. Mostly clean. Pool had a large amount of "SLIME" in the corner but either no one saw it or didnt care because people were swimming in it. Definately needed a good scrubbing.
Our bed was hard and pillows were small and smooshy so no support for my head. It was thw worst night sleep ive had in a long time. My husband didnt have the same issue with the bed but maybe the few beers he had prior to bedtime helped.
Breakfast was very good. Wide variety of foods but staff good be friendlier all around. Front desk clerk was like a machine and the food attendant never said hello or even acknowleged anyone.
Could definately have been a better stay. Our tv had sound issues too. :(

• Stayed June 2013
Sorry that you found our beds too hard, we have a 50% chance on the softness of the bed. Most folks find them too soft. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future to make up for you uncomfortable Stay.
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I contacted this hotel earlier this month to see if they had 12 rooms available for the weekend our team was traveling to the area. When I spoke with the manager he stated that yes he did have the 12 rooms but because the weekend was considered a holiday weekend (July 5-7) he would not provide a special group rate and we would need to pay full price.
I understand that the hotels and management set the rates but why a hotel would risk losing 12 rooms for 2 nights is beyond me. Even a $10 discount would have done it for our group. I was surprised that they were willing to have 12 empty rooms that weekend over providing a discount. The normal rate that weekend was $117 so offering rooms at $107 for two night not including tax would have equaled $2568...instead we booked right down the street at the LaQuinta Inn and they provided a $75 rate/night.
The interesting thing is we will be traveling to this area at least 2 more times before the end of the year so this hotel lost that business as well.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sorry you found our rates too high for the holiday weekend, hope we can be of help in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way from Memphis to Gatlinburg. Hotel was fairly clean and the breakfast buffet was pretty good as well. I don't normally stay at Holiday Inn's, but this one was pretty good. Only complaint...the beds are uncomfortable, sag in certain areas. I have noticed this at other Holiday Inns, so it must be the type of mattresses they buy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cookeville H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks for your comments, we strive to make every stay a great one. We do have pillow top beds an sometimes they appear soft or sag for some of our guest. We will look into a different type when we replace our mattresses. Again, Thanks your comments are always welcome.
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is in my hotel and I recommend it for my friends who come to see me. It's a newer property and is located right by the Interstate. Making it easy to find (for them) and close to the majority of restaurants. I have stayed here when I needed to get away from the office and work on a deadline.

• Stayed July 2012
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thanks for your comments, we are always open for suggestions. An of course the small thank yous that come along from time to time. Hope to see you back soon...Staff an management

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville? Share your experiences!