“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This is nice hotel to stay in , very clean with great front desk I'm traveling here on business and been staying in this hotel for while and every time I come they are very customer oriented .
Good breakfast and very clean and modern rooms only negative is noise from gas station next door , which by the way has the cheapest gas around.

So I give 4 stars.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Did not get a restful night sleep due to noise level from traffic. Because of the noise we would probably not stay here again. The sleep sofa was very uncomfortable. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Replaced dirty pillows minutes after calling. Room was clean and very big.

Room Tip: as far away from the Pilot gas station as possible (may help with noise issue)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear nillarilla,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and rooms were nice. Fairly modern and well kept. Our king room #301 was hug. Service was good. Nice breakfast setup.

Overall a decent stay but some negative items.

First the main reservation number told us they had 2 queen bed rooms available. When we checked in 30 minutes later they only had a single king bed with a pull out sofa. By the end of the night everyone was in the king bed because the sleep sofa was not that comfortable.

The next morning I went to the car and there was a big spot of spilled coffee and scrambled eggs just outside a secondary entrance. A worker was standing there smoking, looking at the mess as I tried to navigate around it with my suitcase. When we left an hour later two workers were out there smoking, huge nasty mess still there right in the middle of the sidewalk 20 inches from the door. Apparently it was nobodys job to clean it so they left it for guests to walk through, which several people apparently had by then.

The biggest issue was highway noise. The x01 rooms are as close as you can get to the highway and very loud. You hear the trucks all night even with the fan on. Firetrucks and police from the nearby station are fun at 3am as well.

If you stay here get a higher floor an even room and a higher number. Something like 420 should be much better for highway noise. Definitely stay away from x01 rooms.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear CharlestonSW_com,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I am pleased you found our rooms commendable. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize that our service and the room allocations fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope to have the chance of serving you soon and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ashland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel was excellent - very affordable, with fantastic service and a nice, clean room. The room itself was closer to a suite than a normal hotel room, and the place was quiet and well-kept. The complimentary breakfast is a real breakfast, with hot food and a lot of variety. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really nice, clean hotel right next to the interstate and next to a small truck stop, which for my purposes, was perfect. The attendant behind the desk was very helpful answering my questions about parking my bus, and providing other information I needed. They held a great parking spot for me that was secure. When I went in, the lobby was clean, as was the breakfast area. The group had secured one of the meeting rooms to have a get together the evening we arrived and the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure they had everything they needed. My suite was very clean and comfortable, and while it faced the interstate, I had no problem at all sleeping. The breakfast was very good both mornings, and had a variety of items to please everybody. And to have coffee available in the evening was a big plus for me. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't know about the regular rooms, but the suite was great. Definitely pay a little extra.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Crossville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I thought this would be the best place to stay but little did i know the front desk "man" was a jerk. My mom and I would have loved to have a calm peaceful night but just the thought of seeing him every time i walked the front door mad my stomach turn. I am not one to complain at all but he embarrased me so bad. I know with this new modern ways that cards are the only way to go but i had some stuff happen to my account that week that i had to get all my money out of my account so i just had cash.. he told me that would be fine he still had to swipe my card though. i said ok (knowing that my card has NOTING on it) he swiped it. Gave me the gift bag my room key and told me where eveything was and how they worked so on so on . I walk out to my car and next thing i know he is running after me telling my card declined.. (how stupid can he get) so he took my keys and my gift bag and walked back inside .. I had to go to the bank put my money in my account and go back there before checking in again but needless to say NO GIFT BAG FOR ME. And to top it off our bathroom light did not work most of the time so dont stay in room 219.

Room Tip: Dont pick room 219.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Right off the interstate. Clean, nice lobby, cookies in the pm. Room clean, no problems. Front desk staff courteous and nice. He told me he was giving me a room that did not face the truck stop next door.(Really a gas station, but lots of 18 wheelers). So it was very quiet. Salt water pool. very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on opposite side from the truck stop/gas station.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville? Share your experiences!