“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in Cookeville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really nice, clean hotel right next to the interstate and next to a small truck stop, which for my purposes, was perfect. The attendant behind the desk was very helpful answering my questions about parking my bus, and providing other information I needed. They held a great parking spot for me that was secure. When I went in, the lobby was clean, as was the breakfast area. The group had secured one of the meeting rooms to have a get together the evening we arrived and the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure they had everything they needed. My suite was very clean and comfortable, and while it faced the interstate, I had no problem at all sleeping. The breakfast was very good both mornings, and had a variety of items to please everybody. And to have coffee available in the evening was a big plus for me. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't know about the regular rooms, but the suite was great. Definitely pay a little extra.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Crossville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I thought this would be the best place to stay but little did i know the front desk "man" was a jerk. My mom and I would have loved to have a calm peaceful night but just the thought of seeing him every time i walked the front door mad my stomach turn. I am not one to complain at all but he embarrased me so bad. I know with this new modern ways that cards are the only way to go but i had some stuff happen to my account that week that i had to get all my money out of my account so i just had cash.. he told me that would be fine he still had to swipe my card though. i said ok (knowing that my card has NOTING on it) he swiped it. Gave me the gift bag my room key and told me where eveything was and how they worked so on so on . I walk out to my car and next thing i know he is running after me telling my card declined.. (how stupid can he get) so he took my keys and my gift bag and walked back inside .. I had to go to the bank put my money in my account and go back there before checking in again but needless to say NO GIFT BAG FOR ME. And to top it off our bathroom light did not work most of the time so dont stay in room 219.

Room Tip: Dont pick room 219.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Right off the interstate. Clean, nice lobby, cookies in the pm. Room clean, no problems. Front desk staff courteous and nice. He told me he was giving me a room that did not face the truck stop next door.(Really a gas station, but lots of 18 wheelers). So it was very quiet. Salt water pool. very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on opposite side from the truck stop/gas station.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was the perfect fit for my overnight in Cookeville...easy to find, quick front desk service, clean room and comfortable beds. My only complaint and it is very minor...wish I would have brought my own pillow.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Brand spanking new and super fresh-clean. Staff is awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room nearest a wifi node to get best wireless reception
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wentzville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Had trouble finding due to wrong instructions in our GPS-had us exit at wrong exit and headed out a country road. Fellow at desk said H.I had coded in wrong and we weren't first person to have this happen. Other than that it was nice, clean, efficient H.I. Good breakfast as always Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife always books me into the #1 or #2 hotels on the Trip Advisor list. She knows that I value cleanliness, sanitary conditions and good maintenance first, customer service and hospitality second, and a good breakfast third. The Holiday Inn Express in Cookeville scored a FIVE on all three. They don't try to be fancy. They just try to give you what you need. I forgot my toothpaste. It was there. The room and bath were immaculate. The hospitality was outstanding. The breakfast was good hot bacon and eggs and plenty of other items. When I got ready to check out at noon, the manager at the desk told me there were plenty of "to go" foods set up on the bar for a light meal. Start to finish, this hotel was everything I needed for my school business trip over to Jackson County, about 25 minutes away. When in Cookeville, I'll definitely go back to the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville? Share your experiences!