“Service not up to standard” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 139 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Service not up to standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I favor Applebee's when we are out or traveling but a little disappointed in this location. We were traveling on March 22,20013 and hoped to have a quick dinner and be on the road. We were there an hour and a half. Our waiter was pleasant but think he either was new and may need a little training. Never refilled our beverage glasses and had to ask the manager for our check. We like Applebee.s and this will not stop us from visiting this location on another trip. Sure it is not normal procedure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cookeville
“Decent eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Liked the food, server was attentive, kinda. Busy and she seemed to have the largest serving station and appeared to be working solo. She had to water, wait, serve and try to keep up with her customers.

Visited February 2013
Crossville, Tennessee
“It's a chain - fairly consistent from one place to another”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

There are a few really good chain restaurants. Applebee's ranks just a wee bit above average as chain restaurants go. They have some interesting salads and the quality of their other food is generally pretty decent.

Dallas, Texas
“Not The Best Applebee's I've Been To”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The décor here has a classic movies theme, which gave us something interesting to look at while we waited for our food. As at other Applebee’s locations, I had no problem making a substitution for one of my sides due to a food allergy. The service and food weren’t quite at the same level that I’ve experienced at other locations, though. The food, while not terrible, left something to be desired. My husband and I both ordered steak. His arrived overcooked and missing one of his sides. Mine was undercooked. We notified our server and they were happy to correct the problem. Still, since we were traveling, waiting the extra time was a nuisance. The service was fairly attentive except when it came to drink refills. My sister ordered an alcoholic drink. Our waitress noticed when the level in her glass was running low, and frequently asked if she wanted another. My husband and I, on the other hand, ordered soft drinks (which get free refills) and had to ask each time we needed a refill, even when it was obvious we had run out. This difference indicated to me that the level of service you get depends on how much they stand to profit from you. Overall, the experience was somewhat disappointing compared with experiences I’ve had at other Applebee’s locations. If this had been my first visit to one, I wouldn’t be terribly impressed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Crossville, TN
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had dinner with my family including two children. The staff were very attentive and provided great service. We had the 2 for 20 dinners. They food was plentiful and delicious. The $1.00 brownie bite dessert was fabulous. Just the right amount!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!