“The Good, The Bad, and The Rude” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 139 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Asian
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The Good, The Bad, and The Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant numerous times on my trips to Cookeville. Their food is quite good, but their service leaves much to be desired. On my most recent trip, my party inquired as to whether or not the liquor license had been restored as the previous visits had yielded to liquor available for this reason. The waitress snapped at us that they had "never lost their license" and had only "forgotten to renew it." As someone who has worked in food service and customer service, I can tell you that the correct answer to the question is "Yes, we do have our liquor license. Would you care to see our drink menu?"

The spice level of some of their dishes needs some work, but they do provide 4 different containers of varying spices at the table. When I asked the waitress what they were, she told me I would have to "taste them and see" because she not only did not know what they were, but was unwilling to find out from someone more knowledgeable.

To the owners, you might consider vetting your wait staff a bit better. If you could teach them how to treat customers, you might get more return business. The food can only do so much to keep them coming back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roswell, New Mexico
“Service and charges”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is the first time, when substituting only veggies for chicken, beef or tofu, I have been charged extra. When ordering, the extra charge was NOT stated so what a surprise when I got the bill. Should you go and make any substitutions in the menu, be sure to inquire about total charges. Though the food was tasty, two chili peppers usually means that the dish will come with a medium spice level. If there were not chilis on the table, the spice level would have been bland. There is also not an option of specifying the spice level of any of the dishes. The waiter did fill water glasses once but did not make any offer or effort to clear the table while we finished our water/wine.

Visited March 2013
Memphis
“Enjoyed the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food and service were very good. The chicken red curry was a little small (for my grown son). Prik Pow shrimp was very good and the portion good. I would go back. I did enjoy the spice jars option.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Great Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Thai is our favorite food and we are fortunate to have HOT in Cookeville...pleasant atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food. They do not have Yum Woon Sen on the menu; however, we travel often and order when we can find it. The best salad I had ever found was in Torquay, England. Last evening I asked HOT (House Of Thai) if they knew the dish...they responded with the best Yum Woon Sen I have ever tasted...Thanks! Bob Rust

Cookeville, Tennessee
“LOVE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you love Thai food then this is the place for you. Servers and owners are wonderful!! Food is always amazing, and the price is great!! Great location and super easy to find.

Visited May 2012