“Brand New Park” 5 of 5 stars

Los Angeles
7 attraction reviews
“Brand New Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

State just bought this....its typical TN waterfall and nice hiking. Less impressive than Burgess Falls, but that's a matter of opinion. All waterfalls a beautiful. When I was there it wasn't ADA accessible in that there was no long flat paved path to the falls. It would be nice if they opened up an old dirt road to the disabled.

Visited April 2013

40 attraction reviews
“Impressive Swimmin' Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This waterfall was easy to find as it's well marked all the way from Interstate 40. The short walk to the overlook area was good for me and my husband. We were not prepared to do major hiking to the base of the falls. This is something that should be done in the summer, anyway, since you must go through part of the river to get to the falls.

Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I Went there for work one day beore it was a state park, I said that very day "I WILL NOT RETURN UNTIL I FIND THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE TO TAKE THERE" I did a few months later. It was the most amazing date ever. And it was very romanic to so very many ways. Climb to the bottom and go and sit behind the falls and swim in the water and enjoy every bit of Gods Beautifu creation. NOT FOR THE WEAK TO GET THERE THOUGH.

Walk every step that yu physically can because every step is that much prettier then the other. Bring a towel for your swim and a jug of water or a back pack filled with lunch. Just beware of the depth of the water before you go jumping in from the high rocks. Hopefully in time they will have the funds to put in a stairway to the bottom.

It was a tough challenge to shimmy down a rope to get to the bottom but it made us laugh real hard and created great memories.
st
To my husband of only 9 short months Rest In Peace and thank you so very much for helping create those beaitiful memories I will hold Dear to my heart for the rest of my life, I am very glad we got to go one last time before you got too sick to travel. REST IN PEACE DAVID AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE WITH ME.

Visited May 2013
Crossville, TN
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Have visited this state park numerous times. It is just beautiful no matter what time of the year you go. I would recommend it to all nature lovers and hikers. Swimming in the pool at the bottom of the waterfall, optional!

Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not quite Niagra, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We take photography hikes around the world and have enjoyed nature's beauty first hand. Although we've only lived in Nashville for the past three years, we've discovered an almost limitless number of challenging trails and beautiful waterfalls.

Perhaps the most spectacular of all is the newest addition to the Tennessee State Park system - Cummins Falls. This popular waterfall has long been a local favorite for locals who enjoy the pristine pools beneath the spectacular falls.

There are two ways to enjoy Cummins Falls. For non-hikers the view from the observation deck is just a short walk. For the more adventuresome, hike downstream and climb the rocks back to the bottom of the falls. This view is truly amazing!

It's tucked away in the Cumberland Plateau and less than an hour from Nashville. It is well worth the drive!

Visited November 2013