“Great place and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 137 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great place and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We hace thoroughly enjoyed our two visits to this quaint little pub. There are many great beers on tap and the food is excellent. The only real negative is that if you are sitting outside you must order everything at the bar which gets laborious if your just wanting to sit and relax. Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, great atmosphere, an awesome place to go. Worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We swung in here early one Friday evening. You know those places that just seem "cool" or "right?" This is one of those places. The decor is classy without being pretentious. The place was lively without being loud. One of the best things was the absence of TV's along the walls. It made for a great atmosphere were you could actually talk to folks and weren't either distracted or having to shout over noise. There were also quite a cross section of folks there, from college students to folks in their 70's.

My wife and I shared the hummus appetizer, and my son had the quesadilla. The hummus was fantastic, and had the appearance and consistency of homemade. Not sure if it was, but it was definitely a higher quality than you can find in the grocery stores. Or at least the quality I can find. The quesadilla was delicious. I'm not sure what kind of cheese they used, but it was great.

While the menu could be called "traditional American pub food," everything has a bit of a spin that you don't find other places. I had the "Pearl Burger," which had bacon, onions and a garlic aioli. It was absolutely fabulous! From the meat to the toppings, it definitely ranks as one of the best.

If you're in Cookeville, you should definitely check this place out. If you're driving by, it's well with taking a short jaunt into the town proper to find it!

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun, local vibe enhances the yummy food & drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

After a day of moving our daughter into the university, my husband & I frequented Father Tom's because of it's high rating on TripAdvisor. So glad we went! The place was jam packed on a Thursday evening. We were pleasantly surprised to find out about the FREE beer tasting on the patio. The brewery did not hand out Dixie cup sized portions of beer, but rather Solo cup sized portions of beer. And, it was delish! Apparently, beer tastings from craft breweries are a regular event and I believe they happen on Wednesdays, but not every Wednesday. There is a nice selection of craft beers on tap and they prices were reasonable for food & drink. We split an order of Pork Sliders and let me tell you, they were the perfect bar food. We also shared a bowl of Killer Tomato soup that my husband kept saying tasted like something I would make. Translation: it was good. The tomato soup and the pork sliders complimented each other extremely well. We rounded out our meal with a very fresh tasting mixed green salad topped with applewood bacon. The service was very good, too. Father Tom's is a great place eat and drink amongst the locals in this college town. Can't wait to visit my daughter this fall and enjoy another meal at this delightful pub.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stopped in because my Father was is ICU at the hospital and I had to leave from 5:30to 8:30 pm. I walked around and found this place. I was sitting at the bar on my phone with my friend telling her what happened. The guy next to passed me a note asking me if I was ok. As soon as I started telling my story everyone around me started to offer help. Good people, good food . A nice College Bar students and staff both frequent the place. I felt comfortable being in a strange town in a bar

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farmington
“great vibe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This pub is has a great vibe with a diverse crowd. they have a nice selection of local and craft beers and you may even see the brewers from a local brewery. The food is extremely tasty, the service (from Anthony) excellent and the chef was very accommodating with my request to alter the Reuben sandwich to meet my vegetarian needs. My husband had an outstanding burger as well. though we are from out of town, we would definitely return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Father Tom's Pub? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Father Tom's Pub, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.