“You will leave with a such a smile your knees will be shaking” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 137 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Maumelle, Arkansas
“You will leave with a such a smile your knees will be shaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a great place. Service, food, ambiance, location, and PRICE. They have it all. Wish they were in my hometown. I had the fajitas and they were great. The waiter put extra tequila in my margarita and treated me like royalty.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“El Tapatio - Great Mexican Food In Cookeville, Tennessee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Whenever my wife and I travel between our home in Memphis, TN and our daughter and son-in-law's home in King George, Virginia we try to make a stop in Cookeville, Tennessee for some of the best Mexican food we've had.

El Tapatio has two Cookeville locations (Willow Avenue & South Jefferson Avenue) and another in Sparta, Tennessee. We have only eaten at the 900 South Jefferson Avenue location as it is easily accessible off IH-40, exit 278 .4 miles north on the right hand side. The restaurant shares an always crowded parking lot with a Best Western, but is not affiliated with the hotel chain.

My wife, who is Mexican-American is hooked on the Chimichungas while I am addicted to their Chiles Poblanos, better known to me as Chiles Relenos, They serve a fantastic Salsa with chips before ample portions of the main course. We always struggle to finish our food, but it tastes so good that it seems sinful to leave any behind.

El Tapatio has many appetizers and main courses from which to choose and has a very good selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Two of us shared a fajita dinner of shrimp, and chicken. It was enough for 3 people. I am very fond of shrimp and they were excellent. it was really nice after riding in a car for many hours to have this restaurant so close, delicious and reasonable. My friend ordered a margarita and they didn't ask the size. She was surprised at how large it was but it cost almost as much as the meal!!! iShe said that it tasted great, though. I had a beer which was reasonably priced.

Visited June 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee
“El Tap is emergency Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

El Tap is Cookeville's emergency mexican restaurant. Speedy with beans, speedy with rice kind of place. Usually lots of people there, food is delivered quick. menu selection is pretty good. Its a popular, quick Mexican restaurant

Visited June 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

very bland and food service quality stuff, travelers through beware! There are a few decent dishes like quesadillas and the speciality chicken dishes but stay away from the taco, enchilada, rice and beans.

Visited July 2012