“Carpet needs to be cleaned” 3 of 5 stars

Key West Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   663 South Willow Avenue, Cookeville, TN 38501   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
“Carpet needs to be cleaned”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are ok but the carpet needs to be cleaned. After I had walked barefooted in the room for only a short time as soon as I steped into the shower I had black foot prints in the tub.I even took a wet bath cloth to the carpet and yes it turned the bath cloth black. Pets are allowed at a reasonable fee. Our door would not lock from the outside so we could only lock it from inside the room. They do have a camara to watch the motel and parking lot. Over all it was ok for the price of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Belmont, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had bypassed Nashville as everything there was extremely pricy! We finally stopped in Cookeville and were happy to find Key West Inn just a little ways down the road. It was far more affordable than nearby hotels and had better reviews. We decided to try it and were not disappointed. We got a king room at a great rate. It was very clean and quiet. Bed was typical hotel mattress and pillow so not the most comfortable or luxurious but it did the trick. We appreciated our stay here at the price we paid VERY much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

First of all, don't get me wrong - I have stayed in nicer places. Surprised others have had issues so will take that into account in the future ... perhaps mine or theirs was a fluke? What I am saying here is the $40 I spent on this room was as good if not better than $100 or $150 room rentals I've had in the past. From what I gather this chain is just starting up and I will be going to them if I see them in other cities. Clean rooms, comfy, modern ... very good stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Best in cookeville. Great location & price .. cute little place.

• Stayed January 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel July 2, 2011 and found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. However, the room was not in very good condition. The bathroom door had a hole punched in it, there was a strange burn mark on the wall and the carpet was filthy. The floor was so dirty that the bottom of our feet were black from walking on the carpet barefoot. Very dirty!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Gävle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed for a week and it was ok for the price. Cleaning staff was very helpful although their English could have been better. Free internet was a plus.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Shelbyville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My mother having made the reservation, and arrangements for a second night, with someone in the office, I was told after the first night, her card would be needed to extend for another night, but that I would not be checked out of the room. However, returning to the hotel (Christmas night), I found I had been checked out. I had forgotten to return with her card, true enough. There was confusion in the office, and I decided to find a floor on which to sleep. In short, I felt I was perceived as a a lowlife out to rip the hotel off. Towel racks torn from the wall, a foamy dust I picked up from lying shirtless on the bed covers, multiple ashtrays in my non-smoking room, and the general feeling combined to give the place a feeling of a flophouse for local college kids and drug users.

Stayed December 2010, traveled solo