“Housekeeping is a joke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville

You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1151 South Jefferson Avenue, Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Cookeville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Housekeeping is a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I've stayed here 3 times now because this is where my company books a suite for me. You would think being in a suite would make a difference, but not at all. The first time the carpet was covered with dog urine, and there were live fleas in the bathroom. I had to beg for soap and shampoo twice, and had to ask for clean sheets the first day because there was hair from someone other than me in the bed. GROSS. There was dirt in all the corners, and empty water and drink bottles behind the couch. The second time there were spots all over the carpet, dirt in all the corners, again had to beg for soap, shampoo, and this time even toilet paper. Never vacuumed the floor the entire time I was there. And of course trash behind the dresser and couch. The third time, same story different date. Someone else's hair in the tub, trash left in one of the trashcans, and of course behind the couch, which of course you notice if you pull out the hide-a-bed. Ran completely out of toilet paper this time, and had to use kleenex, and then when I asked for some at the desk got a blank look from the person at the desk. These rooms are in DESPERATE need of thorough cleaning, and since pet urine is everywhere, a health hazard as far as I'm concerned. I've mentioned it to the front desk each time, and got a blank look or a smile and nothing else. I've told my company it's too gross to stay here anymore.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
cookeville_baymont, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Hi. I have just started here at the Baymont Inn & Suites and am concerned with your review. Is there anyway that you and I can discuss this further? I can be reached at 931.525.6668 xt 602 or cookeville.baymont@gmail.com. My name is Desiree L. Suggs, Marketing and Salwes Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband had a meeting here at this location, so we decided we may as well stay here . We only needed a room for one night,so my husband invited the family to come along for his business.Since I usually book the hotel for our family, I told him I would take care of it.After entering the number of guests in room and selecting AARP discount ( which we have),,I proceeded to the page that allowed me to select a room.I was able to select any room for 20.00 plus tax..(NO ,,,I am not lying!!!:)I thought this can't be right...so I began putting other dates in to see if that was still the rate offered in case it was a special offer,,It seemed too good to be true!!I found I could book this rate on any night I would like,,,but I needed only one night,,,so I booked it.Shortly after I called the hotel,provided my confirmation # to front desk to make sure he did not need anything further to hold my reservation until our arrival time. The gentleman had my reservation,,,,,clearly looked at it,and told me I was all set. He said my credit card would hold the room even if we arrived after 6:00PM.He never said anything about the price of the room,,so I thought all was well, and I had gotten a great deal!
About an hour later, I pulled up the reservation , and found the price to be 86.00.UMMM,,,,I thought ,,,,,,how could this be, I have in my hand a printed CONFIRMATION.So I proceeded to call Baymont Customer Service, and explained to her what had happened. I advised CS that this rate was offered on the website,,and had her try it on any day to see if she would be offered the same rate. Much to her surprise,,,she saw the 20.00 rate offered on any day of her choice. She then put me on hold and called the hotel to see if they had any insight as to why my reservation # now states a different rate even though I had confirmation #. She was told by gentleman at front desk,that HE CHANGED it AFTER speaking to me on the phone!!!!!HELLO >>>>>you can't just authorize my credit card for more than printed confirmation states!!!She told him he would have to change it back even if it was some sort of website glitch because that is what the website offered,,and what my confirmation says. He refused to change it .
Then CS, created a case# which went to Coorporate to fix,,,,I was told it would be taken care of before we arrived.However,,it is now clear,that Baymont has serious Customer Service issues .They expected me to let the hotel charge me more than my confirmation ,,and have to send in recpts to be reimbused.They claimed since it was independently owned, they did not have the ability to do into a Central reservation system,,and give me back the price on my confirmation.GREAT Customer service,,,ya think??!!!
Not wanting to have a stir a the front desk,,,I decide to take matters into my own hands,since after four days, CS did not handle this. Independently owned or not,they represent the Baymont Company name , and BAYMONT should have fixed it before my check in time.

I called,,and happened to get the same guy that had CHANGED my price. I confronted him about it,,and he then told me he had brought my reservation to the attention of the SALES MANAGER of the hotel,and SHE told him to change it.So I now learned that a MANAGER of all people decided to go behind a customers back without their knowledge and change my confirmation. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! NICE!!! Instead of contacting me to discuss it first, or saying ,,we will honor it ,because it was an obvious error on website,they put their little heads together and decided the right and ethical thing to do was change it without telling me.
I was given the Sales Managers voicemail, where I asked for a call back. I was contacted shortly after, by a woman that was seemly polite and courteous. I confronted her about how I felt strongly it is against the law to authorize someones credit card for more than they agreed to. Our conversation was cut short b/c we needed to get on the road to arrive in time for my husband to present the bullet proof vest to large group of Police officers that filled her hotel that evening,I told her I would call her back after I got in the car...
However, she called me back ,,and was no longer the sound of the Manager with her sweet hospitable voice,,,but someone that clearly did not have a grasp of one word I had told her as to how I got this rate to begin with.SHE WAS RAMBLING,,about how I told her I had booked it at Expedia, and AARP had no record of the booking. I said of course AARP has no record of it, your website asked if I had AAA or AARP ,,but no place to put in th number for AARP!!!Then I said "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT<<I never told you a booked at any other webiste beside the Baymont website,..THEN THIS WAS THE LAST STRAW....she said,,,and I quote" I think you are telling tales missy"...WOW>>>she was questioning my integrity after changing a customers printed confirmation and credit card authorization without their knowledge!!! What she said to me was "old school" for...you are lying..WOW,,now she is calling me a lier!!
She then threatened to cancel our reservation if in her words,,I did not come in and check in gracefully at the front desk and without contention at the price she had changed it to.
We needed the room , not knowing the area or if there was another hotel available.,, I told we were keeping the reservation.
The girls at the front desk were clearly informed of the situation before we arrived,and were less than friendly on every level.
We looked at the room, spoke a brief moment about it,,and decided they did not deserve a dime of our money ,and went across the street to the Hampton, where we paid MORE than what she changed our room rate to.It was never just about the rate,,,but rather the lack of integrity shown by this hotel manager,,and the company as a whole.
My husband presented the front desk the next morning with our original confirmation. The girl was truly embarrassed that we had been treated this way. After seeing the confirmation,she told my husband that they had been informed something different by management..(GEE,,,I wonder ....like that I had been lying)
The hotel was left with this printed confirmation and you would think that the sales manager would have called to apologize after seeing that we did have a printed confirmation with lower amount,,,but I guess she is the one that needs a lesson in hospitality and Customer Service,,or maybe it s time for her to retire.She obviously lacks a conscience.
After reading other reviews pertaining to management at this hotel, it is not the first time she has failed to represent the company in a positive way .
Perhaps she should ponder the real money she has lost. She did not just lose one nights stay from us,,Word of mouth is a powerful thing when guests are treated poorly.She will lose much more revenue on future reservations from other guests or groups. No one wants to spend their hard earned money with a company and staff that operates this way.
Go stay at the Hampton if in the area.....yes,,,the doors open from outside,,but inside you will find a warm welcome, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast,,and management that actually knows the meaning of hospitality and integrity.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hi! My name is Desiree Suggs, Marketing/Sales Manager for the Baymont Inn & Suites of Cookeville and have read your review. Can you provide more details regarding the experience you have so I can correct it?

I can be reached at 931.525.6668 xt 602 or email cookeville.baymont@gmail.com

Have a wonderful day.

Desiree
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I put family up in this hotel when they visit. Until now. The last couple of years has seen a downturn in quality and care. Until about a year and a half ago the staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean. The last 3 visits reservations were made directly with the hotel front desk. 2 of 3 times the length of stay was incorrect. 2 of 3 times after settling in, rooms needed to be changed. It does not seem to matter if the room is a 2 room suite or a standard. Once the jet tub leaked all over the floor and it took the staff several hours to find another room. Consistently the carpets are dirty as if there is no staff to clean the floors. By dirty I mean food/stains ground into the carpet and items sitting on top of the carpet.

The issue for not returning:
There was a roach in the bed. When the front desk was notified, it did not seem to alarm anyone. The repy was "we will take care of it". While out of the room, the room was sprayed with pesticide. The only reason anyone knew was because of the smell. The reply from the front desk was "Oh yeah, we sprayed while you were out". No one was notified this was going to happen and all items in the room were sprayed (clothes, personal items). Obviously a room change was demanded.

What are these people thinking?

• Stayed October 2010
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Good friendly service on check in and leaving. Room was very clean and comfortable. Bed was supremely comfortable. Quiet at all times. Loved the jetted tub, microwave, and frig. At $62 per night for a suite, it was quite a bargan.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Mixed experience for us. Good location, easy parking, nice staff, clean, nice room, varied breakfast offerings, lower rate via 'net reservations ...... but 1) we were assaulted by SMOKE as we stepped off the elevator on 4th floor. Thick, disgusting cigarette smoke that quickly engulfed us and our clothes. ICK! Seems one end of the 4th floor is for smokers. 2) Walls very thin and kids in next room were active and baby was crying. 3) Mattress had dips from wear.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I booked this hotel because it was supposedly new. Got there and the room had ALOT of black mildew on ceiling, walls, etc. Requested another room and got put in a room that had just been painted, for apparently the same problem, with Kiltz. Fumes were horrible, woke up several times with my throat hurting badly from the fumes. Front desk said "sorry we are embarrassed, here is your bill." Pool was nice and the hotel appeared clean but black mildew in the amount we are talking cant be safe.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed here one night - it was better than I expected. The grounds were well kept, nice landscaping - and a clean interior. The room was average, and despite being sold out, the hotel was quiet by 10 in the evening. Breakfast was well prepared and stocked, and the service was great! Of all the hotels surrounding Interstate-40 in Cookeville i'm glad we chose this one -

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville? Share your experiences!