“Staff make the difference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville

You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1151 South Jefferson Avenue, Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Cookeville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Waverly, Tennessee
“Staff make the difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I just got back from a business trip where my employer reserved rooms at this hotel. Here's my take on it:

Room: Comfortable bed, bathroom was clean, decent furnishings - everything was functional - no complaints in that department at all. The sink was outside of the bathroom and shower and had a nice long counter space. Drapes effectively kept the room dark at night and noise was minimal. I would have liked to have had a refrigerator since I bring bottled water when I travel, plus, it would have been handy for leftovers - hated throwing them out. Also, would have liked to have had a microwave in the room - again - I'm a frugal traveler and I would have liked to have eaten my restaurant leftovers. However, neither of these absent appliances were deal breakers.

Breakfast: There are different selections each morning, along with some regular offerings. One morning, there was bacon, eggs, and some Peruvian potatoes which were pretty tasty and a nice change of pace. Another morning, French toast was offered. There was always fruit, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee, juice, milk, instant grits, etc. In summary, a perfectly good breakfast. Seating was a little crowded and a bit of a challenge to navigate the space if you arrived during peak breakfast time.

Check-in and out: Smooth, fast, and room was ready at 2:30 when I arrived and I was able to get unloaded and up to my room in time for a conference call at 3:30. Luggage trolleys are lightweight and easy to maneuver; not like in some hotels where you feel like you are pulling along a horse trailer. Elevator worked fairly quickly - didn't have to wait long at any point of my stay, even though I was on the 5th floor.

Other amenities: U.S.A. Today available to guests daily as well as some warm chocolate chip, peanut butter, and macadamia nut cookies. Ice machine worked on my floor.

Staff: These folks were what made this hotel stand out. Matthew, Jessica and Whitney were super friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area and what it has to offer both business and holiday travelers. They truly made the difference for my stay - I enjoyed chatting with them for a few minutes each morning and at the end of my work day. It made the long work days a bit more cheery. They are exceptional.

Room Tip: I stayed in 521 - it's never been a smoking room according to staff and was at the far end of th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is right off exit 287 I40 and avoids having to navigate the traffic on the busy road it dumps you onto. It is set back so it is quiet. It was formerly the Baymont Inn and Suites and still has the ghost of the signage which the hotel needs to deal with as the exterior upon approach looked a little
concerning, but inside, it was very inviting. Cookies, coffee and newspapers greeted me in the lobby. The staff was extremely helpful and efficient and the newly refurbished rooms were a pleasant surprise. Very comfortable and stylish AND QUIET.

My only pet peeve is the lighting in the rooms. The bulbs in the lamps are the fluorescents which are the blue ones which I found a bit harsh for doing work in. If I had lighting that was a more natural lighting I would have had a more productive working and overall pleasant ambiance for peace of mind after a long drive. Other than that it was very nice. Also included was a pretty well thought out breakfast bar. So, don't let the exterior dissuade you, I would stay here again on my way through Cookeville.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites with a conference group, and I must say I was very impressed. The staff were amazing. The room was very clean and tidy. I would also like to give a sincere thank you to the afternoon shift manager Matt. He was extremely helpful with suggesting restaurants and other places to go around town. He went the extra mile to accommodate our group. I was very impressed with our stay at the Country Inn and Suites and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean room and great service.

Siloam Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We arrived somewhat late in the evening and the check in person was very friendly. We had reservations ahead and check in was quick. We got to the room and I did the usual check of the room and noticed that the toilet did not appear cleaned. I called the front desk and within minutes she brought us the keys to a new room. She was very apologetic and handled the situation great. The second room was very clean and comfortable. We already had reservations for the return trip and when we arrived the second time I mentioned the past experience and the check in person mentioned that the problem had definitely been corrected. Overall experience was very good. Beds were comfortable and breakfast offers a good variety. We received an excellent rate but our stay was off season. I recommend this place if nothing else for the friendly staff. Driveway is hidden behind a large electrical box and signs not so easy to see at night.

Room Tip: As with ANY hotel, always do a room check first.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very friendly and clean. They serve eggs, bacon, and other items. Was a recently purchased and updated. Beds are firm and large rooms. Easy in and out. They do a lot of business, and had to wait for a clean room at 2.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I drive a charter bus and stayed here with a college baseball team 3 nights. Staff was excellent and accommodated us in every way possible. Rooms were nice and breakfast was plentiful. Can be overlooked because it's behind another hotel but look for it. It's worth it!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashland City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Check in was easy. Rooms were large & quiet. Parking lot was well lit. Breakfast was really good. Make your own waffles, cereals, biscuits and gravy. Just your typical breakfast items. Lot's of great restaurants near by to choose from. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville? Share your experiences!