“Great Night In Cookeville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville

You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1151 South Jefferson Avenue, Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Cookeville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Night In Cookeville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight after a Nashville Predators hockey playoff game. And we got it! The hotel was very nice, with all amenities needed. Rooms were tip top shape, extra clean. The Staff was very helpful. We rank it #1 in the upper cumberland region. I offer this hotel for those who are going to stay in Cookeville TN.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
trier
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have to say for a not so old hotel, this is probably the worst hotel I have stayed at. The room was not very clean. The toilet was not cleaned as it should have been for a new guest. the carpet was not very clean. The coffee pot......i would not have fed water to a dog from this. The room was a very good size although the lighting was not very good and it kind of smelled a little like a moldy basement. After being there for a few days, we noticed black ants on the wall and then some in the bed. we told three different people about this and all we got was "oh I'm sorry". i asked one girl for a manager and all she said was there is no manager and did not offer to give me a name or when a manager would be in. she was a bit to busy sitting in the back and texting on her phone. so i have to say the service was not very good. when i did finally talk to the manager the day before leaving, we found out that none of the maintenance men were ever informed about the ants, but she was very nice and got it taken care of. we also received a nice discount for the problem. i also have to say the complimentary breakfast was one of the best i have seen at hotels, but that does not make me want to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel is a good place to stay for 1 to 2 nights. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. The beds are not the most comfortable but bearable for my one night stay. Rate was very reasonable and the location is right off I-40. There is a hotel breakfast included with each stay but I cannot speak about this since I only had a yogurt and a banana. I will more than likely stay here again when visiting Cookeville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Quite possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Stains all over the carpets and couch. Had an invasion of ants, crawling all over the nightstand beside bed. Upon further investigation.....also found them on the bed. Also caught sight of a cockroach in the kitchen!

Rented for three nights, and purchased through especially via phone. They charged me $10 a night more then the apartment itself was charging....plus the lady made me believe that the pet fee was included in the overall price. Yet when I arrived found that it had not been, and that especially doesn't even deal with the pet fee. $25 more dollars a night. PLUS, the hotel room we had reserved had been given to another! Not sure whose fault that was.....but on top of everything else, left me rather frustrated.

Needless to say.....I will not be staying there again, nor will I be going through expedia on future purchases.

• Stayed April 2012
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Baymont staff was very friendly and the location is very good. It is near the interstate and next to a movie theater. I did not like the bed and so the next day the staff switched us to a different room which was more satisfactory. Unfortunately, the rooms are a bit musty and the work out area had lower quality equipment that did not work well. Free breakfast consisted of biscuits with gravy, prepackaged donuts or instant oatmeal. It is not a place I would stay again but it was worth the 60 bucks per night we paid.

Room Tip: We found the suites with 2 beds to be much superior in comfort to the one with a king bed.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brutus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

*Received a great rate by booking on line.
*Location was just what I needed, right off Interstate 40 so I could find it.
*There were only a couple of restaurants within walking distance but there were many, many more within a very short driving distance. Cookeville, is smallish too so easy to get around.
*Front Desk person was excellent, wish I remembered her name. Check in was smooth despite there being a full house for local ball tournaments. I also added a night and she took care of everything perfectly over the phone for me.
* Room first impression was "Score" what a great value for the price! The room was large, well laid out, nicely decorated with what appears to be pretty new carpet. Upon my eyes adjusting I did find one thing that turned me off and made me look a little closer; there was a stain about the size of a grapefruit on the floor outside the bathroom that appeared to be either blood or wine. I then noticed some peeling wall paper border and realized the room could use a little maintenance. This is why I rate it only an 8.5 instead of 10 for the price I paid.
*Bed was comfortable and overall the room was clean except for that bad stain.
* Breakfast looked great but I was in a hurry so only got juice. They had a lot of choices though.
* We will be in town again very soon and plan on staying here again. My suggestion to the management is buy some Woolite with Oxyclean Carpet Stain remover for the stain in room 319. I have been able to remove ANY stain with this stuff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
cookeville_baymont, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so munch for you wonderful review, which I have shared with staff and management. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Desiree L. Suggs, Marketing Manager
Baymont Inn & Suites
1151 South Jefferson Avenue
Cookeville, TN 38506
Ph 931. 525.6668 xt 602 Fx 931.525.7326
Hilton Head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We are "regulars" to the Cookeville area to visit our student at TTU. Having read the most recent reviews, we decided to give the Baymont another chance after a bad experience. The place has been spruced up. We had a nice two room suite, very reasonably priced, and our dog stayed with us. The kitchen area and bath were very clean. Bed was new and comfy. (I will admit that the Fairfield Inn has nicer furnishings and breakfast items, but the price is significantly higher and no pets allowed.) The Baymont is a very good value. I would definitely stay here again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Cookeville? Share your experiences!