“One of the best in the area...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn and Suites Cookeville

You added La Quinta Inn and Suites Cookeville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn and Suites Cookeville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 S. Jefferson Ave., Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Nashville
“One of the best in the area...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this LaQuinta within the past 6 months. It has everything you could want, whether you're staying 1 night or several days. It receives high marks for its convenience to restaurants, shopping, and area attractions. The free breakfast was more than adequate and my room was excellent. I will definitely look to stay here again when I'm in the area. Keep up the good work!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stopped at La Quinta in Cookeville, expecting to pay for our long-standing reservation. But my husband quickly told me that they weren't going to give us a ground floor room. We had a reservation of long standing. We had called a couple of days in advance of our reservation to make sure they had a ground floor room for us. They said they did. But when it came time to check in their story changed. When I went in to cancel they said they had a suite, but I was aggravated with their policy of giving us a hard time. I'd just fought another La Quinta in Memphis about the very same issue. I told them to cancel. La Quinta isn't such an ideal chain for us after all.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
krp2b, General Manager at La Quinta Inn and Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for the message. Unfortunetely it is hard to provide specific floors at time of reservation. If a guest decides to stay an extra night we can not move them out by law. This is why if it is possible to upgrade and put you where you would like to be we do our level best to accomodate. Please understand your satisfaction is always our number one priority, as is every guest whom walks through our doors.
Trenton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

These reviews on trip advisor have become extremely important in my family's process of selecting a location to stay while traveling. We have had some absolute "nightmare" experiences in the past year and then when on to look at reviews to find that if we had just read them before going we could have avoided the bad situations by simply choosing a different location. Trip advisor had the La Quinta Inn rated #1 in Cookeville and rightfully so!!! Very clean and newly remodeled. Breakfast in the morning was outstanding and the staff was very nice. I slept better in the bed there than I do in my own bed at home. Very pleased and will definitely choose here again in the future.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed one night during cross country drive. Wi Fi was absolutely a joke with no password protected had to use our own hot spot. Fan on the heating/AC unit was making a funny noise on and off.But our main compalin is no Hot Water (see ronsreviews). My son takes shower in the evening I did it in the morning with the same results barely warm water from the shower. Breakfast was little more then usual continental fare in La Qiunta with hot items present (I personally do not eat eggs in the hotels). In the morning we were in the rush and because nobody was at the front desk when we were checking out we were not able to express all our complains. Never mind - corporate send an e-mail requesting feedback on our stay which we did. Soon we got a response from the manager of the hotel - Wi FI fixed, nothing wrong with hot water in room 303 and offering 25% off on our next stay. Next time I will stay in the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites which is next to La Quinta

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor away from I-40
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Our internet had been down this was do to the area provider. This is never easy to deal especially when we can not resolve this for our guests. They did get there systems corrected and have been fine since this was a first for them and we will be moniotring there service quality. It is true we were unable to find any issue with the hot water. It is however our policy to satisfy our guests wich is why a discount is offered for a return visit. We hope you will visit us again. We apreciate the feedback and will strive to improve our services.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while moving cross country. There was room to park our uhaul and trailer, the area was very well lit and safe, and lots of grass so my dog could take care of business. The hotel was very clean, bed was comfy and it has been newly remodeled. The staff was great and the desk clerks were friendly, Cathy the woman in.charge of breakfast kept the place so clean you could eat off the counters (few things are worse than a dirty continental breakfast room)
Literally only complaints would be no eggs at breakfast and coffee was watered down, but that's because they rotate the breakfast hot menu which would be awesome if we stayed more than one night.

• Stayed December 2012
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Anyone who rates this hotel as a 5 star property probably has never really stayed in a 5 star hotel in their lives. Yes, it's comfortable, it's in a good location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My bed was comfortable and the free high-speed internet worked well. The continental breakfast was typical of those found in most other hotel chains these days and was nothing special. I did, however, find it very annoying to have no hot water on the morning I was checking out. It's a nice La Quinta and I'd stay there again if I was in the area but I think it was overpriced for what we got.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room on the back of the hotel for a quiter night's sleep. The front of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. Its helpful to have room numbers when we get an issue regarding hotwater. Our higher floors typically take a minute or two to get warm if the water has not been used. these are also the quietest rooms and are requested often. If there is ever an issue like this, we ask that our guests report it emediately and our maintenance department will take care of it on the spot. Any issue reported is considered top priority even down to a broken remote. We want our guest to be taken care of and looking forward to seeing us again.