“Clean and new...what more could you want!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Clean and new...what more could you want!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Close to the interstate (you can hear the road noise a bit, but it's not too bad) and several restaurants are within 1-2 miles. Check-inw as quick, friendly and efficient. This location appears pretty new and rooms were very clean. Breakfast is included starting at 7 AM. Free Wifi (connection speed 1.7 Mbps down/0.4 Mbps up). Overall we had a very good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed there many times and have always found their staff (kudos to Jordan and Nanda!) to be friendly and most helpful, rooms are neat and clean, breakfast is nourishing with good variety. We reserve an accessible room and theirs are perfect for our needs. The hotel's management team has always demonstrated care and professionalism to us (and to others we have observed). Nice exercise room, pool and outdoor jacuzzi. Hotel is very convenient to many restaurants, Sam's Club, Walmart and other stores, TN Tech and scenic country landscape. We just love it there! Only "problem" we experience occasionally is not being able to book a room because they're full--now that tells you something! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MarriottCookeville, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your atta boys (& girls) for the crew in Cookeville. I will share this review with them. They love seeing their names in print. We always enjoy having your family in Cookeville. Thanks for the feedback. And call on us anytime. We are here to serve you.

Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We were assigned a room on the 3rd floor behind an electrical closet. Smallest room I have stayed in. AC unit filter is filthy and makes a loud annoying noise. We turned it off. No cabinet for frig and microwave. Dried soda or who knows what on headboard. Lobby and halls very clean. Oh, dirty towel on bathroom sink. This is what they put military people in. Stayed in a Hampton Inn this week for the same price and was in a beautiful spacious room. Good if you just want to sleep.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting with us in Cookeville. We apologize that you had any service issues while you were with us at Fairfield. Unfortunately there are a few king rooms that are much smaller than the others. Front desk would have been happy to switch you to another room especially if there was any PTAC or cleaninliness issue. We hope you will give us another chance when you are back in the area. We pride ourselves on taking care of any issues when the guest is in house with us. We appreciate your business and ask you try us again soon.

South Riding, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While I can't say there was anything truly outstanding about this property, it was clean, well-maintained, and the staff was completely friendly and responsive. The breakfast bar attendant in particular seemed proud of her little domain and kept the food replenished the moment something was taken. The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful about recommending restaurants, and seemed ready to help in any way. There are MANY restaurants within a half mile of this property (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, Applebee's, Logan's Roadhouse, Outback, etc.) so it's a very convenient place to stay. If you're looking for a pleasant place to stay while traveling, I think this property will meet your needs!

Room Tip: Since it's not right on the interstate, noise isn't a particular problem. We like the top f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is a fairly new Fairfield Inn which has nice generic contemporary appointments. . . kind of like every other FI built in the last 5 years. It's a good enough place to stay if you are on the road. However, this property is operated by local ownership and I don't think they understand what it takes to run a hotel properly. The night we checked in, the hotel was booked up and understaffed with one person intermittently at the front desk. After checking in, we found that our toilet was backed up, upon checking with the front desk, my wife was given an excrement-encrusted plunger in a wet plastic bag to solve the problem, which we did and were grateful for a working toilet if not so much for the solution.

The next morning, when everybody got up, it overloaded the breakers and the power went out to half of the building. What this meant was that half of the circuits in each room were out and alternating floor hallway lighting was out as well as the elevator. The big concern was that the emergency lighting in one of the stairwells failed, leaving it dark. Luckily, shuttling all of your family's luggage down from the top floor really isn't an emergency, just an inconvenience. However, as an architect that has worked on other Marriott properties, I was shocked to see such a failure knowing the safeguards that Marriott has in place. It seems that there are other options in the area and if we come this way again, will probably try them instead.

As a side note, unless you are a big fan of queuing up at the microwave for Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, you aren't going to find much to like about the breakfast buffet. It is probably the most meager I've seen at a recent Marriott property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarriottCookeville, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cookeville. Please know that we take each of our guests’ comments and suggestions very seriously.

First let me apologize that you had to bring down family and luggage during the power outage this past weekend. We learned the power grid on the South side of I-40 went down due to an animal in the transformer. All the hotel properties on our side of the interstate experienced the same brown out. Second I want to assure you that every measure has been taken with our security lighting to make sure it is working & meets Marriott standards. Those are part of the monthly testing, but we appreciate you for bringing it to our attention this weekend.

We look forward to the Spring when Marriott is upgrading the Fairfield breakfast standards. So along with our current breafast items we look forward to offering hot items like scrambled eggs and sausage.

We apologize sincerely that you had any service issues during your stay. I certainly hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to Cookeville and please feel free to contact me personally for any of your lodging needs.

Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I'm a Platinum level Marriott member so I spend a lot of time in Fairfield Inn hotels all over the midwest and the Cookeville facility is one of the best! Very clean and excellent service from the front desk, housekeeping and breakfast. Absolutly top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cookeville. We Love Our Platinum members! Thanks for the great feedback. I will share it with the Cookeville crew.

Please feel free to contact me personally for any of your lodging needs.

Crossville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just stayed here Fri. night. This is the third time staying here and didn't have any issues until this time. Made my reservation last Mon. evening, called direct to the hotel because the Marriott web site only listed King rooms or Queen suites. Since there were two women traveling togather we wanted two beds. The phone was answered-Fairfield Inn Cookeville, and I asked about a room for Fri. night. I was told the same thing listed on the web site. I reserved a Queen suite. When we arrived at the hotel there was a family checking in, the desk clerk could not find their reservations and suggested they had been on the wrong web site when they made them. When it was my turn to check in he couldn't find my reservation and suggested the same thing. They had a two queen room so everything worked out fine. Later I thought about it and checked the history on my cell. Redialed the number where I made the reservations, again answered Fairfield Inn Cookeville. I asked if this was the hotel across from Sam's Club just to be sure there wasn't a second one in town. In the morning I questioned the daytime desk clerk but they didn't know anything about reservation mix-up. Said nothing was relayed to them. Since there is a La Quinta on one side and a Holiday Inn on the other side of this hotel I think next year I'll stay in one of them. Have to say the hotel is decent and clean about a middle of the road Fairfield Inn compared to the others I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

We apologize that you had any trouble with reservations and room type. We normally do a great job at getting our guests in the rooms they request. I know the night you were with us was a sold out night, but we hate that you did not get the room you reserved.

Karla Clarke

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cookeville? Share your experiences!