“Great customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel is currently under remodel, but looks great. The only reason I return time after time is because of desk personnel. Very helpful.The person that stands out the most with always there to help is front desk clerk, Saundra Heney, She has been there a good while and no limits to her helpful ways and continuous smiles.Great Job!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Carmen S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Saundra is appreciative of your genuine review, she is indeed always smiling and willing to provide exceptional service. Our front desk team strive to emulate Saundra's great demeanor. Thank you for exalting comment, see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would definitely stay again. The room was a little dark. I told Luis and he had a floor lamp at my door when I got back from dinner. Great value and more importantly a great staff.
One negative was the carpet had some rips however they were clean.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Luis was exceptionally pleased that you appreciate his thoughtfulness. We strive to ensure a complete satisfaction to our guests. Come and visit us again soon and see our new carpets.
Spencer, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay there in Cookeville last week and we had a great time. The evening staff was very helpful and professional and we had plenty of room for our whole family with the big and comfy pull out couch! It was clean, quiet and very nice! it was really nice they had a good breakfast in the morning- not just a danish!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. Please come visit us again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The floor we were on they were renovating why did they put people on the floor while they are renovating is beyond me. There were big pieces of plastic taped up on each side of the floors that you had to go through if you wanted ice we just went without ice. The plastic pieces were freaking the kids out. In the daytime since they were renovating you heard a lot of banging and loud noises. The room was spacious. We went without TV for over half of a night because they couldn't fix it. The breakfast area is super small I think like 3 tables and breakfast was very minimal there was no meat or bagels or cream cheese. The yogurt was expired. The staff was always outside if you needed something you always had to hunt them down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your outspokenness regarding your dissatisfaction with the condition of the hotel at the time of your stay. I apologize for this, however, please allow me to invite you and your family again and I can assure you that with our newly renovated rooms your children will be delighted.
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

For years, I've been a loyal Choice Hotel customer and successfully encouraged friends to stay at Choice Hotels. This remained true even after bad experiences at such places as a Quality Inn in Jackson, MS and a Comfort Inn in Delta, CO until this experience.

Because of my Choice Hotel loyalty, four friends and I booked 2 rooms at the Comfort Suites in Cookeville, TN on Choice Hotels website. When we arrived, we learned that we had mistakenly booked the previous weekday night and we had been billed over $200 ($9 more than the night we stayed). At check-in, the clerk inferred that Choice could take care of the charges...especially since they had many open rooms both nights. I called Choice as soon as we got to the rooms. Nope...not Choice's decision; it was the hotel's decision. Choice customer service talked to the check-in clerk, who said I needed to talk to the manager in the AM. The next morning, the morning clerk indicated that type of booking error happened all of the time, there had been many open rooms both nights, and wasn't a problem to refund a night. Since the earliest the mgr would arrive and we could wait around until she arrived, he worked to make the refund and thought he had been successful thought. Needless to say...he wasn't successful in making the refund and the confirmation call from the mgr didn't come. My subsequent calls over the next 2 weeks weren't returned by the mgr and no comp night or refund was issued.

Several things make the situation worse: HOTEL: the beds were like sleeping on the floor; the breakfast met the most minimum of standards; the breakfast room was small and crowded; staff literally turned away when a breakfast customer needed clean up assistance; and management is greedy and shows no consideration or compassion. CHOICE: No loyalty to a good customer; did not intercede on a loyal customer's behalf, and gave no Choice points credit at all for the missed night for which we paid more than $200. Really!

Their greed cost them 4 good customers and 1 very good customer! There are a lot of hotel chains...I'm moving to another who treats their customers better....Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Stay at another chain.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Carmen S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I apologize for your inconvenience the reason why you were charged is you did not show up nor cancelled your reservation for 2 rooms on the time that you were supposed to inform the hotel of your change of arrival date. Your concern is not a constant occurrence to our hotel contrary to what you had said. You were charged for a NO SHOW as the hotel was full and the price charged was higher than when you actually stayed, these rooms were reserved for you and could have been sold had you cancelled your reservation. In that case, the hotel could have favorably considered a full refund.

I understand your frustration and the added expense for the NO SHOW rooms has obviously resulted in your additional negative comments. Nevertheless, as a valued Choice customer I would like to invite you back to our property and hereby, offer a 50% on your next one night stay once you use within 6 months from this date but excludes any holiday or special events. Please call me when you are ready to make the reservation and I will handle your accommodation personally, I extend to you and your family a Happy and Auspicious New Year.
Batesburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My recent stay at Comfort Suites, Cookesville, Tn I am very pleased that we had a very satisfactory stay. Rooms very clean. Staff was exceptional very courteous and accommodating . We will surely stay at this hotel again I feel sure and do recommend to all my friends.

Room Tip: highly recomend
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
My staff and I appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you soon. Wishing you and your family a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

As a recent guest at Comfort Suites, Cookeville, TN I am very pleased that we had a very satisfactory stay. Rooms were clean, staff was exceptional, courteous and accommodating. I will stay here again and will certainly recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your awesome comments about our staff, we look forward to your next visit; for we know you will enjoy our newly renovated rooms and our Market Place. See you soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Cookeville? Share your experiences!