“Country Hearth, more like Country Hell” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cookeville

You added Motel 6 Cookeville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cookeville
1100 S. Jefferson Ave., Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn Cookeville)   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Cookeville,TN
“Country Hearth, more like Country Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

The first room they gave us I refused to take my three children into, it was nasty. So they upgraded us to their "supposed suites" , a shack would have been better. We were going try to push through it since we were running low on cash, you get what you pay for I guess.
We decided to take it to the pool for the children we were only in it for 3 minutes I made the children get out. There were bugs all in the pool, I found a tick on myself, and bugs on my children, and there were rather large spiders all over the gate. My 7 month old began getting sick when we went back in the room. We went and got the local police to test the place for drugs. They tested it and there was a chemical found in the room, the cop explained that the rooms are suppose to be none smoking rooms but when they allow someone to smoke in the rooms, they spray this chemical to "cover it up", this chemical WILL make your children sick! The police officer went to the front office and they refused to give us our money back!!!!! As the staff and the owner got rude with the police officer!!!!!!! When I complained before we went to get the police the little girl told me there were bugs in the pool cause it had rained that day???!!!!!!??? I had stayed at the Baymont Hotel the few days previous and got in the pool right after it rained not ONE bug.
This stay was the WORST I have experienced in my life! We were stuck there til morning!
They advertise a "HOT waffle breakfast" HA!!!!!!!!! DO not be fooled..... Its Orange Juice you pour yourself, and its waffle mix.... in a cup... you make your own waffle! I was Very Upset. I recommend if you are to stay in Cookeville the Baymont is the place to stay, their staff is very friendly have got us everything we need immediately. VERY CLEAN! And the breakfast is AMAZING WIDE VARIETY!!!! Everything from waffle's, french toast, bagles, all kinds of jellys, peanut butter, and syrup, Hot biscuits, eggs, and sausage. Your choice of Apple Juice, Orange Juice , Milk, or Coffee. Also there are Coke machines and Ice Machines on every floor. My advice Chose Baymont over the Bug infested RUDENESS.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
pcb
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I travel for a living and have stayed at hundreds of hotels over the years. The Country Hearth is the worst, most disgusting motel ever. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the sign "no refunds after check in" The chair in the room was so stained I don't know how they could even leave it in the room. The blanket had some sort of stains all over it and the sheets had burn holes in them. The room smelled like a combo of urine and mold. Oh, and I like Indian food as much as the next person, but The lobby smelled like a dirty bathroom on an Air India flight to Bombay. They did give me a new room, I upgraded from uninhabitable to merely disgusting. I will stay under the freeway overpass next time, it will be a big improvement. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

Stayed due to a flyer that said it was new. Place is a rehab of some sort, very poor workmanship. Shower was terrible, hot breakfast ? consisted of a waffle if you cared to make it. Orange juice and mile both came out of a jug, you just poured what you wanted. No bagle, two loaves of bread laid out for toast. Room was reasonably clean and bed was OK. Would not stop here again..........

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Brownsville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

We did not book a room in advance, so this was the first hotel in the area that had a vacancy. Check in was easy, the room was neat and clean. Over all a decent experience. My son wanted to swim in the pool, but we were pressed for time. I would stay there again if we were to stop over in the area again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newark, De
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2004

I stayed at the Econolodge in Cookeville, TN recently (Sept 04). The facility is clean, inexpensive, and the staff are very nice. I travel with a large dog and sometimes have problems finding a place to stay that is pet friendly. No problems here, except that there is not a large area to exercise your dog. There was adequate but not huge area to walk the dog. I'd stay here again without question.

Been to Motel 6 Cookeville? Share your experiences!