“Loud and dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cookeville

You added Motel 6 Cookeville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cookeville
1100 S. Jefferson Ave., Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn Cookeville)   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
La Vergne
“Loud and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After the 3rd room assigned to me. The first two were down a large hill in the back with no parking, the sheets were dirty and the sink had hair in it. I slept in my clothes on top of the bedspread. The bathroom had something behind and beside the toilet. I was too tired to get 4th room. The manager the next morning acted like he could care less about my experience. I guess he likes all the construction workers who were partying all hours of the night.

If you want a clean and comfortable room, stay away.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Monterey, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 2 nights while our power was out. This is a decent enough place to stay for 1-2 nights. Very few frills but it was clean and the beds were ok. The heat works the TV turns on and we had a little fridge and microwave. Very basic place to stay.

They advertised breakfast but the lobby was being remodeled. The staff was pleasant and helpful. If you are looking for resort style plush keep going. @ 60 dollars a night this is a place to stay, sleep and continue on your trip.

Room Tip: The wifi is a little tricky call the desk and they will help you connect for free.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
North Little Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015 via mobile

Great locale off the freeway. Staff is awesome. The rooms are in the process of being upgraded but they are not bad at all. If I had to give it an overall letter grade I'd give it a B but the staff makes it a B+. Skip Crossville Motel 6....go to Cookeville if you're on I40.

• Stayed January 2015
Charleston SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

A basic but clean hotel with very helpful staff and safe area/lighting. My key did not work at first as they were having trouble with their card reader but the employee at the front desk personally walked me up to my room the second time to make sure I got in. All I hope for with hotels in this range in that they be clean and basic things like AC work. This was a very nice place with no smells whatsoever, no stains, and no rust or dirt. Fairly new furnishings. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped here around 10:30pm on our way driving from Missouri to South Carolina. The person at the front desk was very nice! They only had one room left that night, and it ended up being a King Suite. It was very spacious and great for the price!! The bed was very comfortable after we had been driving all day. The AC was cold, and the bathroom was nice and clean. Would definitely stay again if I ever go through Cookeville again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, ours was really spacious!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a difference two years make. We stayed at this motel 2 years ago for a motorcycle rally were not overly impressed. We stayed again this year for the same event and were please at the changes already made. New mattresses in all the rooms and just overall cleaner with material on site for additional upgrades. The owner went out of his way to be accommodating and all but one of the staff echoed his example. Looking forward to next year to see what additional upgrades have been completed. Would not hesitate to recommend this lodging to fellow travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I'm a believer in the Motel 6 chain. I've stayed in a few of them on my trip through Tennessee and they have all been spotless and perfect. This was no exception. Big, clean room. The AC was a old but it worked so I guess that's all that matters. TV was pretty low quality, a big flat screen that seemed to be in SD no matter what despite appearing to be an HD tv. There was a fridge and microwave, welcome additions. All of these things were weird off-brand appliances, but they functioned. Also, the room had some flaws, such as the cutouts of some of the outlet panels were off and some messy construction work here and there.

The important thing is the room was completely clean. Not falling apart, not old, not filthy, no stains. It was clean and well-maintained and if you just glanced, it looked good as new.

You know what this place, and all motel 6s in general, remind me of? A knockoff cheap product from Wal-Mart. It works and looks fine, as good as an expensive brand, it's obviously cheaply made, but it still does the job as intended. Now I'm assuming they have to keep up the maintenance on these seemingly cheaply-made places, but now that I've stayed in quite a few of these motel 6s and they all always seem like they are in fact well-maintained, I have to assume they do just that. The other thing I noticed about the few motel 6s I've stayed in is that I never heard my neighbors through the walls. This place was no exception, and I know for sure I was next to a family with lots of kids. No complaints there!

This place is also next door to a good convenience store and right next to a good selection of restaurants and fast food. When I checked in the desk guy was friendly and volunteered a lot of information on the surrounding area and told me of a few things to do that I was genuinely interested in seeing. It was much appreciated.

Considering the low cost of this room it is a bargain. Perfect stay, the old appliances are no big deal and the TV isn't a real issue in my opinion.

As stated in other reviews, GPS will try to lead you in a weird direction. Follow your GPS until you see the motel 6 then ignore it. This might be due to the fact that the roads directly in front of the motel are actually kind of confusing. It's hard to explain, but be careful when you get there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Cookeville? Share your experiences!