“Stay Here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Douglas, United States
“Stay Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very friendly, helpful staff and well stocked clean rooms. They went out of their way to help me. Also this Hampton's fitness center is one of the best (2 treadmills, free weights, balls, 2 bikes, 1 eliptical)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stay in Cookeville often visiting family. In December we had a family emergency and weren't sure how long we'd need to stay. The stay was over Christmas and they were very accomadating. We also stayed there in March. It's a bit more than other hotels, but worth it to us. The step in shower is fabulous for me and my bad knees and the front desk has always been very helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fairfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed here several times because we appreciate the eco-awareness of this hotel. The key card is necessary for the room's electricity, an energy saving approach that has been common in Europe for years, but which we have seen only here. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the place is clean, comfortable, and quiet.

Loretto, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

If it wasn't for an amazing employee named , Nikki (I hope I have her name right) I would be giving this hotel a one dot rating. Our trial started several months back when we went AFTER receiving a confirmation e-mail only to find the hotel was NOT open yet. Yeah, we were only able to find a room through some contacts of my father's, because there was some sort of convention in town & all the other hotels were full.

So my mother wanted to give this hotel another try. Our stay was nice, nothing exceptional, but very nice. After we arrived at home I realized that I had forgotten my pillow at the hotel. So I immediately call the hotel only to be met with the most un-knowing & unhelpful employee (I believe his name was Joe.) He didn't even ask me what it looked like or anything, just 'looked in the back' took my info and told me to call back in the morning. Now this pillow was handmade by my great-grandmother & I've had it ever since I can remember, so it is important to me. Today right after I get home from church I call back, and am met with the "I'm sorry" queen. Seriously, I think that was all she could say. So tonight after evening church service I pray about it and decide to call again. This time Nikki answers, she is very nice and more importantly understanding. I FINALLY felt like she cared and would actually look for it. A few hours later she calls me letting me know they FOUND it!!! Apparently the maid was going to take it to laundry, but accidentally threw it in the dumpster? Nikki was so nice to offer to drive half way to meet me to return the pillow. She is the sole redeeming quality of this hotel. Thank you again Nikki!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kyle_HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cookeville, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Cordeila:
I just read your responce and want to express my sincere apology not only for the mishap with your pillow but for the service or lack of service. I cannot express how upset I am to read this. Please rest assured that the persons will be addressed about this issue.
We are not a sub par hotel by any means and to give sub par service is unacceptable. With that being said would you pleaseaccept my most sincere apology for this mishap with lack of service. I am very glad that Nikki took care of the issue in the proper manner it should have been handled. Nikki will be shown how her efferts saved a bad situation.
Please if you are ever in the area again come stay with us and let us show you the true servce we ahve to offer. Stop by the desk and ask for Kyle, I would love to meet you and see personally that your stay is to your standards.

Kyle Lindamood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Bed was amazing, pillows, sheets everything was so comfortable. The room and bath was spotless and the staff amazing. I wish I could take this hotel with me everywhere! The bath amenities were thought thru and I loved it! Designed for ladies and men! Thank you for a great experience!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chattanooga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel staff was very kind. Room was comfortable and very clean. We were supplied with plenty in case we forgot something and staff called to make sure the room was as it should be. We were pleasantly surprised by quality. We requested a room on the 1st floor and were given just that. Will stay again.

Brookville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was such a nice place and the service was out of this world the young guy at the desk was a very good asset to the place his name is Seth Willis. We had a very clean spotless room. THUMBS UP TO HAMPTON INN ON THIS ONE.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Cookeville? Share your experiences!