“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Virginia
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after seeing the billboard and needing a plac e to stop. I was pleasantly surprised by the low price and quality of the room. It was vedry clean and well appointed, and the staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that I tried to use the hot tub and it was colder than the pool. Obviously the heater wasn't working. Probably a good thing after all, because I decided to use the treadmill instead.

Many good places to eat just up the road (chbain's mostly) and easy access to I-40.

Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My stay started with a warm greeting from the desk and also proved very helpful with recommendations concerning the town. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. This hotel had a nice warm pool and hot tub. Along with the previously mentioned amenities, this hotel also had a great breakfast with hot items. If passing thru Cookeville again, will definitely play to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I were on a cross-country drive (San Diego to the Washington, D.C. area) in early September, 2012. Since we drove until dark each day, and having no smartphone or Internet capability, we stopped when we needed to and then looked for a hotel. On Friday, 9/14/12, we were heading east, nearing Knoxville, and knew it was a U. of TN home football weekend. We knew that, the closer we got to Knoxville, the less likely it would be for us to find a room. On I-40, still quite a distance from Cookeville, we saw a billboard for the Comfort Inn, a chain with which we've had good experience, so we planned to get off at exit 287. Twice on this trip, we encounted "no vacancy" status in towns where we thought we'd have no trouble finding a room, so we were apprehensive. Pulling into the parking lot of the Comfort Inn in Cookeville, we were first greeted by a "Vacancy" sign, so I breathed a sigh of relief. There are many hotels and eating places in the town, but it was getting dark, etc. so we wanted to be able to book a room as soon as we could. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, booking us a king-bed corner room on the third floor, where it would be quieter. The price was very reasonable. The room itself was a pleasant surprise. Not only was it spotless and large, but there was a small alcove/sitting area with a couch and desk. We also had a flat-screen TV, and a microwave/fridge. I've never seen this much space in a non-suite room. The hot tub felt great after a long day's drive, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast the next day was ample and very good....eggs, waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, plus the other more common choices. Without a doubt, we would stay again at the Comfort Inn in Cookeville.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room NOT on the first floor, and away from the elevator and ice machine. I'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Virginia,
Thank you so much for your uplifting response. Here at the Comfort Inn and Suites we strive to give our guests the best experience possible and it is always positive for the staff to hear that we made a difference in someone's travel. We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

After encountering a severe and harrowing, nearly no visibility thunderstorm that followed us over 150 miles, the Comfort Inn was a true beacon in the night. Parking was scant due to the late hour and the gentleman at the front desk, though rather unprofessional, was friendly and warm. I'm fine with a smile and casual approach rather than a polished, business-like demeanor, but admit we felt more like one of his dudes than paying guests.

The room we were given was very attractive---when most hotel chains stick with boring neutral color palettes, this property went bold; we were greeted by red walls, valuted ceilings, and minimal 'art' on the walls. The flat screen, business station, and microwave/fridge all appeared very new. The cleanliness of nearly every surface, including the bathroom and bedding told me they employ a housekeeping staff that really do their job. Fantastic.

The hotel is walking distance or a VERY short drive from oodles of the typical casual dining chains....not my cup of tea but convenient nevertheless. The indoor pool, every time we passed it as it's only 3 steps from the lobby, looked clean and was very busy. We slept quite well; it was easy to relax due to how clean and new the room was. Nice comfy bedding. No noise issues either even though we were directly off a fairly busy road and near the elevator too.

My only trouble at this property occurred at check-out. It's partially my fault for not paying attention to the receipt I signed; we were charged for two nights instead of the single night we stayed. And at two different rates, at that! I didn't catch the mistake until days later when we reached Manhattan. It was a hassle trying to get the credit--I was told I'd be emailed a corrected invoice but that never happened. They did evetually credit my card for one night, but at the higher rate--not at the price of my original confirmed reservation. It turned out to be a $13 difference in their favor but during a 3 week road trip, resolving this error was low on my priority list. Still, it's the principle, so just doublecheck your charges upon departure!

A clean, friendly, convenient spot all around. If I ever find myself in this neck if the woods again, I'll happily seek them out.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, but away from the busy pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you very much with your kind words about our wonderful hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the overcharge. That is a very rare occurrence here at the Comfort Inn and Suites. We look forward to seeing you again.
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Cookeville. Traveling to Texas and was time to stop. Saw the Hotel sign and decided to stop. Very pleased. Very Clean, quite. Many, many places to eat nearby. Pool was heated to 80 degrees. Hotel has a sauna as well. The king room we stayed in has been remodled and updated. It seems the whold hotel has been remodled. Breakfast was the typically comfort inn breakfast. No issues. Front desk staff very friendly. Would we stay again-Yup!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank You so much for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again.
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff was really nice but the hotel was run down and dirty. There was mold in the shower and the bath mat was slimy and peeling from the tub. The carpet turned our feet black when barefoot and the bedding had holes on it. The hot tub in the pool area was dirty and smelled horrible. We stayed two seperate times because the rate was so great- but the second time wasn't any better. I thought we might have just had a bad experience the first stay since the other reviews were mostly positive but that wasn't the case. I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel unless you were in a bind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I do apologize for your experience with us. All of the concerns have been addressed and I invite you to come back and have a look.
Waco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I am much happier when I can give positive, raving reviews; however, that is not possible with this hotel. First, though, I will say that this hotel has absolutely the best front desk staff we have ever encountered. WIthout exception every one that we dealt with during the several days we were there were helpful, friendly, efficient and did all they possibly could to accommodate us. Also, the bed was comfortable. We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and recall it being a good, enjoyable place to stay. We can only assume that due to "wear and tear" the hotel is dated and it is costly to keep up repairs. The halls and the rooms -- at least our room -- are dark and dreary and gloomy. The breakfast area is so very tiny, with only about 6 or 7 tiny little-bitty tables available. One morning they did open an adjoining board room where several of us sat around the big table in there. The biscuits were hard -- oh, like a rock. Then one morning the biscuits were better, but the gravy was barely warm. Not good! The woman in the breakfast area worked very hard and we don't fault her...she has to work with what she is given to work with & likely instructed to use and reuse everything until it is gone. Thus the hard biscuits. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a Choice Privileges member request an upgrade if available.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville? Share your experiences!