“Not up to Courtyard standards” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Collierville
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not up to Courtyard standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel did not live up to my expectations for a Courtyard. My biggest complaint is the service.

I was staying at the hotel for a wedding on 9/8/12. As I was checking into the hotel I could see that the lady Sierra (sp?) at the front desk was overwhelmed. It was a Saturday and she was the only employee besides housekeeping that I saw in the hotel. She was in charge of checking everyone in and out of the hotel as well as answering every single call that came to the front desk. I checked into the hotel and it went smoothly besides her having to answer approx 7 phone calls while she was checking me in. I was running late for an appointment and left my bags in a friend's room. Upon my return I retrieved my bags from my friends room to take them to my room and of course the keys do not work. There was already someone staying in that room screaming at me that she was in the shower and I had the wrong room. I had to drag my bags back down to the front desk and get another room. Meanwhile I was supposed to be leaving for the wedding in 15 minutes:( I want to point out that Sierra was very competent and as helpful as she could be, the place was just flat out under staffed.

The room was clean and comfortable, but the bedding was very worn and the duvet cover was pilling due to wear and tear.

This isn't a bad hotel it just wasn't what I've come to expect from Courtyard. Can easily be improved by management making a couple of easy changes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your taking time to share your opinion with us.

I apologize that you experienced less than perfect service at our hotel. Please know that I am bringing this to our General Manager's attention, so that we can address our staffing and service deficiencies accordingly.

Thank you for also bringing the worn bedding to our attention. We are in the process of replacing duvets in all guest rooms, as we have a new product, per Marriott standard.

If I can assist, or if you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact me at your convenience.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I would echo all the other reviewers that the convenience of this hotel for shopping and dining is perfect - all the shops and restaurants of the mall are walkable from the hotel. It is also around the corner from one of FedEx's larger office complexes, so convenient there as well. For the hotel itself, the rooms have been updated with the new Courtyard furniture and amenities, but the lobby has not (doesn't yet have the GoBoard or updated cafe/restaurant). That's not an issue given the dining options available in the mall. Front desk staff upon arrival and check-out were very friendly. The only thing I would suggest is that the comforter on the bed in my room, while clean, did have that many small pills on it, suggesting it was worn and needed to be replaced. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for travelers coming to this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team during our next morning meeting.

Our hotel opened four years ago, just before the new Bistro concept for Courtyard was introduced. We will be upgrading our lobby soon, and will be pleased to let you know a renovation date, as soon as it is announced to us. I welcome you to keep in touch with me, and I can update you as I know more.

Thank you also for informing us of your comforter in your room. We apologize that it was worn. We are in the process of replacing all the comforters in the hotel, as there is a new Marriott Standard for our bedding package. As always, we are continuously changing and upgrading, so that we can ensure our guests are pleased with our service and products.

If I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hospitably yours,

Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I agree with the many good reviews of this hotel. Walking out the backdoor of the hotel to the upscale mall is so handy. We were in town for a wedding and stayed three nights. I walked over to Dillards and Talbots for some last minute purchases. Had Tea at Low Arts Tea Haven. The rooms were up to date, clean and neat. We had a king room with a couch, flat screen TV and big bathroom. Service at Breakfast was excellent. There is also an indoor pool, hot tub and a great fitness center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed staying with us! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We will be sure to tell our breakfast team that you were pleased with their service. Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay went.

Safe travels,

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice upscale outdoor shopping mall with the courtyard right in the middle. Soccer players in Memphis this is the place to stay. Bonefish carrabbas, red robin, a few more chains and some nice upscale local restaurants. Ice cream frozen yogurt for dessert. All as you walk out the back of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please know that I will share your feedback with our team members at our next team meeting. Our team works diligently to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay with us, and will be sure to let everyone know that their hard work paid off.

We are also happy that you enjoyed the Carriage Crossing Mall. It is a true asset to have so many wonderful shops and restaurants only a few steps away. The next time you are visiting with us, please stop by the front desk, so that you can pick up the latest coupons and promotions for the mall.

maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed for Week long youth basketball tournament. Clean hotel, nice staff. Outstanding location! Very nice mall right behind hotel. Very safe for kids. Would stay again if ever in Memphis area. About 30 minutes to downtown area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your review! It was a wonderful pleasure to host the basketball teams during the recent tournament. We appreciate your choosing Courtyard Collierville as your home away from home, while visiting the area.

We are pleased to hear that our team members' service exceeded your expectations. We conduct a weekly team meeting, and I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

If you are returning to the area, I invite you to contact me personally for your next reservations. My direct line at the hotel: 901-316-1304. We look forward to serving you again.

Safe journeys,

Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Courtyard is very clean, has a very friendly staff and really works to accommodate your needs. Since it is the anchor of The Avenue outdoor mall, it makes shopping and dining within a 2 minute walk. I stay here every time I travel to Memphis area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We appreciate your taking time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us, and thank you for your loyalty to our property.

If we can provide anything for you, or if we can do anything to make your stay more pleasant, we are happy to do so.

Thank you again; we look forward to serving you again soon.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Convenient location, close to everything, the only complained I have is for a Marriott I think the service could be better. I have stay in a lot of Marriott hotel and compare to the other facilities that cost less than this hotel, courtyard offer less and the service not as great as other facilities.
I used to lived in Memphis about 5 years ago, and always wanted to stay in this hotel when I come back to visit. I stayed for 5 days, everyday I found that the room less cleaner than the day before. I think they did not pay attention to detail, it could be because they are too busy because of the summer vacation?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please know that your comments are valuable to us, as we use our guests' feedback as a tool for continuous team member training. We will certainly share your review with our management team as well as our housekeeping team, to train accordingly.

Please contact me if I can assist you in anyway.

Cindy Kinard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville? Share your experiences!