You added Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Collierville
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This hotel is the cleanest I have seen in Memphis.... The staff are always ready to go above and beyond to meet our needs and very friendly.... The rooms are spacious and clean, I have stayed at alot of hotels in Memphis and have found my home when I need to stay in Memphis... I dont mind the 45 minute drive to get to work from there.... I know that my needs will be met always....

Room Tip: THe rooms are all godd...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay. I had been working some long hours at my job for the last month.Weekend before last I wanted to find a nice quiet hotel. The hotel was very clean and the front desk clerk was very helpful with assisting me with some dinner suggestions. The breakfast was very good. Great selection of food. I loved that I was able to get some rest and to top the stay off. I was able to walk out of the hotel to the different shops. I treated my self to a pair of shoes at Dillards. This hotel was awesome. 100% to the manager and the staff. I will stay there again. Thanks for being my hotel of choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We have many guests that live nearby, and stay with us to take advantage of our property and it's unique location. The ability to walk to all the shops and restaurants is certainly a hightlight of each guests' stay.

Please contact me the next time you need a retreat, and are staying with us. The Avenue-Collierville recently created a wonderful coupon book, and I will ensure that you receive one upon arrival, as well as any other current promotions.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Cindy
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was my first stay at the hotel and I must say, I was very impressed! Upon arriving, I asked about the area and the young lady at the desk was able to provide me with directions to and from my local office along with directions of things to do in the area. I was happy to not have to drive to find a restaurant-I was able to just go out the lobby door of the hotel and find numerous ones! The staff always greeted me with a smile and asked how my stay was going. I will make this my new hotel when coming back to Collierville. Great job!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our service. We are eager to serve you as our guest in the future, and hope you will return to stay with us soon.

If you would like to contact me for future reservations, please do not hesitate to do so.

Safe travels,

Pasadena, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

The lobby was crowded with break-out groups from some sort of party or convention; I felt like I was intruding when I walked through, especially one group parked near the back doors leading to the shopping mall. The air was redolent of some group's dinner, which unfortunately carried up to the 4th floor. When I opened the room door, however, I was hit with a blast of industrial strength disinfectant. Yuck.
Thin thin walls! I could hear my neighbors talking in normal voices through the walls. While I'm usually up and about earlier, I was still in my room at 9 am and the noise volume of the cleaning staff in the hallways was ridiculous.
I didn't care for the arrangement of my king bedded room: the bathroom is in the usual spot next to the door; the bed backs up to the bathroom wall with a view of the window. Doesn't provide a nice separation of the sofa/table grouping, and the view of the TV from the bed isn't good.
There was NO FULL LENGTH MIRROR in the room. Seriously? GOOD shower pressure, but bathroom tiles slippery on dry feet.
Decor is OK, kind of zen and peaceful (but artwork over sofa WAY off center).
I may sound picky, but I had just spent 5 days at the Hyatt Place in Germantown. Moved to the Marriott because of the handy location to the mall and its restaurants, plus the fitness center at the Hyatt Place was "out of order". Add to that the full bar, flavored coffee bar, and available food items at the Hyatt Place and I say the Hyatt Place is a way better value and much more comfortable, especially for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Top floor at least to avoid clomping from above.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Your input is valuable, and we appeciate your comments. Please know that we use our guests' feedback to share with our Hotel Owners, as well as our Team Members, in order to provide impeccable accommodations and service to our guests.

The full-length mirror is located in the wardrobe accross from the bed. Being that this review is anonymous, I would greatly appreciate your letting me know which room you stayed in, so that we can ensure that a mirror is placed in that room.

Again, we appreciate your feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.

Tishomingo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was our third stay in a year. We like staying here with it being so close to the shopping and great eating places. My youngest loves the little indoor pool, especially when are staying there during the winter months. When we were there in October breakfast was not included in the rate, when we were there the week between Christmas and New Years, breakfast was included in the rate. The breakfast is wonderful and the people are so nice and kind early in the morning. When I made my reservations I had requested a certain room that we had stayed in 2 months earlier, and was told the rate I would be paying. When we arrived I was not given the room I had requested. I was told at the front desk that the room I had ask for was a suite and it would cost more than what I was quoted over the phone. When we got to our room, it was just like the room that we had requested, but right in front of the elevator. I just wished the girl at the front desk had of just told me that someone was already in that room, instead of telling me something totally different. This by far was not one of our better stays at this hotel. We were right in front of the elevator, and you could hear every conversation talking place there at all hours of the day and night. We will be back there because it is just right there to good shopping and great places to eat. The people are very frientdly here,I just hope that the next time I will get the room that I requested.

Room Tip: Check to see if they are running specials that include your breakfast, it is worth it. Also, reques...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, January 31, 2012

We apologize for the confusion with your room type upon arrival. Please know that your input is valuable, and is useful for training purposes.

During Christmas, we did run a special package rate that included breakfast, where typically, the breakfast cost is $9.95 per person, for the hot buffet. I welcome you to check with us for promotional rates and packages, so that we can find a rate that better fits your budget.

If I can be of assistance, please contact me at your convenience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Courtyard Collierville
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

the good:

* newer hotel with typical Marriott retro post-modern color collage.
* room was fine - comfortable bed, good shower pressure and temperature
* clean
* friendly, helpful front desk staff

the not so good:
* internet didn't work. Helpline is one guy posting as service company. When you call you get to leave a message. Not useful at 10:30 at night when you want to go to sleep
* temperature in hallways in the 50s, i.e. cold
* temperature in room at 61 when I entered. turned it on to 71 but it never exceeded 68 (checked in the morning)
* no thick blanket cover on the bed but thin layer which kept me cold all night
* $10 for an ok breakfast that's not much different than the free breakfasts at the Fairfield Inn's and Holiday Inn Expresses

Room Tip: in mall. no busy streets around
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your taking time to review our property. Please know that your input is valuable, and is useful for training purposes.

Courtyard Collierville
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Very nice, comfy beds, friendly staff, super location in nice outdoor mall but.... And this is a big downer, we could hear every step in the room above us. Honestly at one point we were like ' is this guy going to come through the ceiling.' read other comments about thin walls. We were at end of hall and it was quiet (as far as voices go) but the above floor noise was worst I've ever heard in a hotel. Will return to this hotel, but only if I'm on the top floor!!

• Stayed December 2011
CourtyardCville, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Collierville. I apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Please know that our team is dedicated to ensuring all our guests have a pleasant experience with us. When traveling to our hotel in the future, I invite you to contact me personally, to assign a room to you in a quiet location of our property. If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Director of Sales

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Collierville? Share your experiences!