“The best day out” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: The polo academy is offering outstanding tuition for all levels of rider and player, including absolute beginners with no riding experience wanting a 'taste' of one of the most glamorous, fast-paced and skillful sports in the world.
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“The best day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have been a on/off rider for some years and never played polo before, after spending 1 day a week for the last few months with JF Polo My riding has improved no end, I am now playing chukkers on a weekly base and enjoying so much. James and the Team give outstanding tuition and the horses are well schooled. JF Polo Academy open the sport up to anyone that is up for it.

Visited March 2012

chester
“Amazing Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have just organised a polo experience day at JF Polo Academy for a group of 13. We were all riders but had varied experience and had never played polo before. James managed to match us all up with suitable horses who were extremely well trained and responsive. James and Hazel were so encouraging and friendly and the tuition was very clear. James is very professional and made organising the day very easy. James had even arranged to move the day to nearby Southview Arena (large indoor school) so that we didn't suffer the brunt of the torrential April Showers which was very much appreciated by all of us as we would have all been very soggy otherwise! The format of the day was great giving us plenty of chance to get used to the different riding commands, unmounted swing practice, stick and ball practice straight after lunch culminating in a chukka to bring out our competitive side! Overall an amazing day!

Ruthin
“Hen party weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I joined my daughter's hen party and had a fantastic time. Suitable for the young ones and even the bride's mother. Great tuition on well trained horses. Very well organised day with everyone having a brilliant time.

truro
“A fantastic day out!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I took a few friends up to James polo academy for a sporty day out, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was unique and surprisingly easy to pick up. The grounds were stunning and the horses well looked after. I liked the pre lesson warm up on a wooden horse, which gave us a good chance to practice our swing!
James was very friendly, professional, and made us feel completely at ease.
The bbq after was the perfect end to our day, will be heading back for sure this summer!

3 attraction reviews
“Great experience, big smiles all round :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

I had a fantastic first ever polo experience at JF Polo Academy. The horse I rode was schooled to perfection a real credit to James and his team. The tuition was spot on and it all made for a really memorable and fun day I would love to repeat in the near future.