“Popular local spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Clinton, Tennessee
“Popular local spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Home cooked type meals in plain surroundings. No atmostphere, but good food at Very reasonable prices.

Visited November 2011

Indiana
“Typical cafe, ho hum.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is the second time I have eaten here, the first several years ago when, as I remember the visit was memorable but this time not so much.
The food was only mediocre at best. I ordered the roast beef sandwich prepared as a manhatten, sort of. The roast beef tasted canned and was tough. The gravy was tasty and the potatos were hot but instant.
I also ordered a bowl of veggy soup but got a bowl of hamburger with a few veggies thrown in. Not very tasty at all.
I will not be going here again only because for me a meal has to be worth the effort and if the establishment is not going to give it its best shot they don't need my business.
My advice, if you want really good food look elsewhere.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
oak ridge, tn
“Really Mediocre and Kinda Dowdy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I had good expectations of a authentically local, down home place with great food, and was very disappointed. Food was beyond blah. Service was slow, and there were very few people in the place. Floor was filthy. Cheap interior looks like a Saturday Night Live sketch. Won't make a repeat trip. :(

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love eating here when I...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Love eating here when I am in the area.