“Price is good, Cleanliness not so much.” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2595 Georgetown Road, Cleveland, TN 37311   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
MOUNTAIN CITY
“Price is good, Cleanliness not so much.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The front desk staff was friendly. That is the plus. Threadbare, stiff bath towels and dirty bedside table. Dusty furniture. Ancient television. Pool looked nice, but we didn't have a chance to visit it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rocky Top
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is about the 8th time I have stayed here. Our usual room is 127 next to pool. This trip the room was musty, sheets and towels thin. Lumpy pillows. Mold on some of the chairs. Breakfast waffles tasted like cardboard(they tasted much better before must have changed the mix). Waffle House and Cracker Barrel close by. I know the owner and told him we probably would not stay there next time. We visit there about every 4 months. He offered no help or explanation. Hole burned in carpet with iron. Toliet wobbled when you sit on it. I have notice this property has been going down hill and it seems to have reached the bottom for me. Hope this helps someone. Just felt like this place was filthy this time.

Room Tip: Nice pool. Owner nice but must be putting his money somewhere else than improving his motel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ruther Glen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was just a stop over night because we didn't want to make the whole trip in one day. The hotel was decent. The pool was nice and clean, the kids couldn't wait to get in and break loose after being in the car for hours. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good. Lots of restaurants in the area to choose from. Room was clean and comfortable. Parking lot was small, if you come back in late in the evening be prepared to hike.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Perry, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Crossed over into Tenn. it started pouring the rain ,After driving for 9 hrs,straight ,I pulled over and goet a room ,Had my 70 yr old mother-in-law .& my 3 yr.old Grandaughter with me
Went in paid for the room she told me where it was .I said where is the elvator ? her words were you will see it as you go around to your room. I looked when I got got parked did not see a elevator anywhere went back aroud the door was locked ,i ask some one that was staying there ,He replied thety dont have a elevator,I will help you with your things . I said know thank you we will manage , We drug our lugage up the steps to the room ,I trying getting intouch with the lady at the front desk , she would not answer me, I paid cash ,,,wont happen again . Had it not been raining so hard i was so tired I would have walked away and left them with the cash , Dont stay there..

Room Tip: Ask about the service to the room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Howard Johnson Cleveland, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of our property on TripAdvisor.

I am truly sorry for the experience you had but our front desk staff knows we do not have an elevator on our property and would not let guests believe otherwise. Also we have someone to tend to the front desk 24 hours a day and we would have been happy to give you an alternate option to this situation rather then having a dissatisfied guest.

This also leads me to strongly believe that you have our hotel mixed up with another one because our lobby doors are never locked regardless of the time and our staff is here 24 hours a day to help our guests with anything they need. Also we never lead guests to believe we have an elevator.

Neil Patel
Leixlip, Co. Kildare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. Good shower. The shelf above the toilet was loose. The room service did not replenish the cups each day. Felt the towels were thin and though they were clean there was an odd smell from them that I cannot really identify. We were extremely dissatisfied that the restaurant was not family friendly. It was a bar & pool hall and you had to be 18 to enter the premises. This allowed for a lot of locals to come and use the facilities. It made it hard to sleep and for us to feel safe. This is not a good motel if you are looking for it to be family oriented. The fact the this bar was open late at night encourage rowdies and someone broke the glass box housing the fire extinguisher out side our room around 3 in the morning. Motor cycles and loud cars seemed to be frequent late at night.

Room Tip: Don't stay on ground level near the bar.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff at this location were very nice, check in was a breeze...very nice property. Good value. Would stay there again. Very nice pool. YMCA pool in Cleveland was good spot as well, especially if travelling with kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Cleveland? Share your experiences!