“Could be better” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Innisfil Ontario
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Florida. Sorry to say our experience was lacking. Two receptionists. One very nice and the other very rude. Also our room was needed more attention for cleanliness. Thick layer of dust on floor ledge in the bathroom. Makes one wonder what else got missed. Manager in the morning said he was sorry and those problems could be fixed. He thanked me for bring it to his attention and said he hoped I would come again.
Nope! This chap has it all wrong. Why should I pay a over one hundred dollars to stay in his hotel and have to tell him what the problems are! And no offer of any compensation. All hotels need to take a lesson from Drury Inn and Suites. What a traveller wants above all else is a nice welcome and a spotless room! For that I will pay more.

Northern Friend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ethan B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our guests and also apologize for any dissatisfaction you may have experienced.

I have documented your comments and have forwarded them to my department heads. Our goal is to provide consistent high quality service, and I am confident the necessary steps will be taken to achieve complete satisfaction.

Once again, I appreciate your taking the time to contact me, value you as a Guest and look forward to being of further assistance if needed.

Ethan Beard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fairfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times during the past two years. It is a little more expensive than most of the other chains, but the hotel is always very clean and the staff is very nice. I tend to stay at Marriott hotels during my travels and this is one of the nicer Fairfield Inns I have found.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank You very much for your review. We really do appreciate your business and for staying with us. Also, thank you for the positive feedback during your stay. I am also glad to hear that you stay in a lot of Marriott Properties because without the loyalty we wouldn't be hear to serve you.

Ft. Myers FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

On a very cold, rainy, foggy night we sought refuge at the Fairfield Inn in Cleveland TN. We were warmly met and the woman at reception could not have been nicer. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We went to the nearby Cracker Barrel for dinner and when we returned there were cookies waiting at reception. The clerk, and I wish I could think of her name, said, "I will be here until 11:30 and please don't hesitate to call if you need anything." I like competent, friendly people and she is a perfect representative for Marriott. Breakfast the next morning was fresh and good. I really liked this hotel considering some of the hotels that line I75 from Canada to Florida but.....I think $112 (with AAA discount) is a lot to pay for a level 3 Marriott. I just kept thinking it should have been less but I did not check any other hotels at this exit and there were lots of them. We generally stay at Marriotts so I really didnt think about the price until after we left. I would stay there again just because the hotel was so clean and friendly.

Room Tip: Our room faced I75 and we could clearly hear the traffic so I think a room in back might be quieter.
Decatur, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Cleveland, TN motel is very nice, very clean and modern. Staff was super friendly. Was even told we could check out just a little late so we could have lunch and then come back and brush our teeth before attending a funeral we were in town for. However, I was not pleased to have eight charges pending on my card (two rooms; one night) two days later! I had been told about the $1.00 charge per room, so that was no surprise, but I was not expecting two charges of $20.00 and four charges ranging from $90.00 to $124.93 for two rooms (one night stay). Be sure you have plenty of money in your account if you use a debit card!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ethan B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
First I would like to say I am sorry for your loss and to also thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Again, I do sincerley apologize for this issue. I am glad that you had nothing but positive things to say for about our hotel except for all of the billing issues.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the way home from vacation.
The hotel is near new condition. The room we had consisted of 2 queens, microwave, fridge. Very clean.
We only stayed to sleep and eat breakfast for one night, we had no need for microwave/fridge.
Breakfast was the best we have had at this type of hotel and it included scrambled eggs, sausage paties, waffles, and all the typical breads, oatmeal, juices, fruits etc. All food was ready to go before it was scheduled to open and the breakfast bar host was very attentive, responsive and happy.
Only negatives I will give is that at $99 it was $10 or $20 overpriced compared to other fairfields we have stayed at. Also, the 7am start for breakfast was 30 - 60mins later than what we would have liked, but it was excellent.
I would return but I would compare pricing with other Fairfields in the area first.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! Whenever you decide to head back to our area please give us a call or visit the front desk and we'll give you some great ideas for restaurants and other attractions in the area. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later my friend.

Sincerely
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for one night on the way back from Florida.

The room was clean and there was lots of variety at breakfast. The mini muffins were outstanding.

We checked in late and left early, but I didn't notice noise as a problem.

It was the priciest hotel on our trip up and back, but not the best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We check pricing online and cross referenced it at the walk in counter and they were asking the same price. No inflated pricing which was great! One night stay. Was perfect. Excellent breakfast and everyone was great. Nice staff

@

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland? Share your experiences!