“Nice hotel but breakfast needs revamped” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland

You added Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Interstate Drive, I-75 Exit 25, Cleveland, TN 37312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
south bend
“Nice hotel but breakfast needs revamped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at the wingate recently and this was my first stay. I was satisfied that the hotel was clean and the rooms were actually more modernized in relationship to a newer holiday inn express or hamption inn. The rooms were nice and updated, the amenities were nice as well with the work out room, pool, and hot tub. Walking in I felt like I made the right choice in my hotel selection as the choices in Cleveland, TN are limited. Most hotels in this area are very dated.
Breakfast is provided at no charge in similar fashion to the other hotels mentioned. However, this is where the ball was dropped. The breakfast food was not good. What I thought was gravy for my biscuits was oatmeal. The eggs and such was just hardly edible. Certainly the Wingate can improve on this as I consider this a 1 star deduction as everything else was very nice. I recommend the hotel but prepare to go out for breakfast.

Room Tip: Request non highway side for a room. All hotels in this area have one side facing the highway. The h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Traveling through the area and needed a room for one night. After booking with another hotel and finding out when we arrived they had overbooked and had no room for us we found this gem just one exit away. The gentleman at the desk was very nice and understanding of our predicament. Looking back I'm happy a mistake was made by the other hotel. My first impression of Wingate was "if the rooms are as nice as the public area I'm happy" and I was very happy. The room was super clean, spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was just what we needed to get on the road. Although we didn't utilize them, the whirlpool and pool looked very inviting as well. You won't go wrong with booking at this hotel. (P.S. the room was much cheaper than that at the hotel we originally booked - an added bonus!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hendersonville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Pros: Room was spacious, very clean,staff was friendly, and good location for our needs,

Cons: Bathroom was small, breakfast was same everyday (not very good),and top sheet on bed was thread bare(could almost see through it).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

On our drive to Mississippi, we stayed at the Wingate because of good reviews. It was okay, but nothing spectacular. Folllowing our stay we were innundated with calls from a vacation company related to Wingate. We could not get them to stop calling. Not worth it. I will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had rooms blocked off for our wedding here and my entire family loved their stay at the Wingate. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The manager let us use one of the meeting rooms to pick out songs for the ceremony. Great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for a rest. We were traveling from south Florida to Michigan and this was comfortable and roomy. We wanted a hotel that we didn't need to worry about cleanlyness and this was beyond clean. It seemed very new, not sure if it was. Bed was soft and so were the linens. We got in late but they still let our kids swim in the pool, this let them burn off some steam from sitting in the car all day. We highly recommend this hotel. It is pricey, but we a clean hotel. Feel free to message me any questions you might have about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a nice hotel. It is in a great location. The free breakfast is a nice touch. The only problem I saw was that the bathroom was extremely small for a suite. For a suite I could not believe how small the bathroom was.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland? Share your experiences!